15

◇◇◇◇

Isabel Turner

I entered the editorial office of Glite magazine. My legs were shaking. I immediately headed towards my boss, who was sitting in the usual huge office. His laptop was in front of him and he didn't even look up when I greeted him. A typical man.

- I just published the article about Pierre Gasly - smiled Mr. Sherly. Of course, my stomach immediately lurched.

- Can i read it ? - I inquired, and the man allowed it. I sat down on a couch and picked up the laptop and started reading the article

Pierre Gasly confessed his emotional side!

Pierre Gasly, one of the most desirable F1 drivers among the 20 drivers. As it turns out, he doesn't always tell the truth and his relationship life is not what he says it is either. Pierre cries several times at home, he honestly admitted that his breakups with girls regularly force him to the floor. At that time, everyone thinks how pathetic this is, but when you think about it, it's pretty cute, isn't it? With this, Pierre Gasly finally proved that he is not yet ready for a serious relationship.

- What the hell is this? - I looked at my boss, who didn't understand why I was completely hooked on this article

- I don't understand what is your problem?!

- Pierre was completely humbled by this article! - I said grunting

-Oh dear, the article is not over yet!

-That's enough, I don't want to read any more! - I said and could have shouted at my boss

- Do not be angry! It's all your fault after all!

- Great - I grumbled to myself

- Great, now get me a coffee - my boss instructed. I took a deep breath and stepped out the glass door.

- Isabel? - someone called my name. I was completely shocked by the sudden sound and didn't want to look back. But I had to. The familiar voice started to consume me and I knew that this is where my life completely failed

- Hi -  I finally groaned
- What are you doing here? -  I asked as Lorenzo pointed behind him

- Emily asked me to accompany her to the photo shoot

- For what photo shoot?

- Emily will be on the front page of Glite -  the boy replied as I got up to process the information that my boyfriend's ex will be on the front page of this damn newspaper.

- But what are you doing here? Wasn't it like you worked in a bookstore? - he asked the question I had been dreading until now. My throat was tight and I couldn't breathe. Did I really have to fail like this? So many times I imagined the day when the many lies would be revealed, but I never thought that I would be brought down by the deceitful Emily and the lovely Lorenzo. I couldn't answer, I passed this time, and Lorenzo had just enough time to put the picture together. The articles published because of me had an impact, so the Leclerc family knew exactly what it was about.

- You...Did you write those rumors? -  he backed away

- No - I finally spoke
- I mean, I provided the information, but I didn't write these articles!!

Lorenzo began to shake his head

- I can explain, I swear!

- Don't explain anything to me! Better explain it to Charles! How could you do this to him? - the boy stopped completely, while the people around us turned their attention to us

- Everything is all right? - surprised Cody next to me

- No, nothing is okay! How can you be such a bitch? Don't you have feelings? Charles has never loved anyone as much as you!! And you tricked him! In fact, you fooled everyone -  Lorenzo said with good reason. I was completely beside myself, but I couldn't stop it like this.

- You speak? Why do you think Emily is with you? Because of your name, but she'll go right back to Charles after Charles breaks up with me!
I love Charles! That's not how I wanted you to find out the truth! - I stammered and cried at the same time

Meanwhile, Emily also arrived

- What is she doing here? What is Isabel doing here?- she asked nervously

- I recommend you tell Charles these! I'll give you one day, then the bomb will explode -  Enzo said, then took Emily's hand and left.

- Calm down Isabel! Everything will be fine - Cody said as I found peace in his arms

- No! There's nothing wrong. I'm going to lose him! - I cried

- If he really loves you, he will forgive you - he said and stroked my back

- It's impossible...I didn't just hurt him, Pierre also got into trouble because of me...

...

It took me at least half an hour to gather myself. Cody wanted to send me home right away, but I didn't want to go home. Charles was waiting at home and may already know what I've been up to. But even if he doesn't know anything, I have to tell him everything before his brother tells the truth

- Come on Isa! You're stronger than you think -  Cody said

- I'm afraid. I am really afraid.

- No way back!  - he said and closed the huge glass door behind me.
With tears in my eyes, I got into my car and drove home. At every red light, I was happy to get home as late as possible. There was a lot of traffic on the road and I thanked him for that. How do I look Charles in the eye? What could I say to him? I wanted to slow down time, but before I realized it, I was already in front of my apartment. I slowly parked and got out of the car. Every step I took felt like I was carrying weights. I lost my apartment key twice. I opened the door for the third time with a trembling voice. Then I heard the voices of Charles and Pierre coming from the kitchen. I couldn't take it anymore and started crying.

...

___________________

TikTok: wattpadgirl.4