"Y/n open the door. I just want to make sure you're okay"

"You can save that, I'm not okay" I spat, my voice breaking

"I swear to God, I'm gonna pick the lock y/n" her voice is firm but the worry clearly leaking through

"Leave me alone" I cry

Then it's quiet. I'm on my own again. Alone with my thoughts. Alone with my memories.

Her fingers carefully scratching my scalp as she parts my hair in sections. I look at her through the mirror and hum to our favourite song which is playing in the background. She chuckles to herself as she catches me starring, "You're starring" she grins "I'm learning" I correct "Why would you learn?" she asks "I wanna know how you do it, can you teach me?" her eyes meet mine in the mirror as she thinks to herself. "No" she simply smirks "Why?" I whine "Because than you could do it on your own, I wanna do it" "You're mean, mama" I pout "I know" she says as she finishes my braids and presses a kiss on my head. "Okay, wanna watch-"

click.

My eyes shoot open.

click.

"What the fuck!?" I yell as the door opens

Maria's POV

"What the fuck!?" y/n raises her voice. Reliefe washes over me as I see her in Nat's and my bed- I really thought she did something to herself. She can't cope without Nat.

"I told you I'll pick the lock" I say and approach her "Are you okay?" I ask "Physically" I add. "Why wouldn't I be" she spats again. "Y/n" I sigh "Leave me alone" she mumbles

I get in on my side of the bed, wanting to take at least a little bit of her pain away. Her eyes are bloodshot and her cheeks are tearstained- she looks broken.

Just as I'm about to lay an arm around her she jumps up

"I said leave me alone"

Great. Just like her mother. Always wanting to do everything by herself and shutting everyone out.

She grabs two of Nat's hoodies "Y/n-" but she's already ran out of the room. As I hear the lock of her own room click I relieve a shaky sigh- what am I supposed to do now? Tears threatening to fall again at the thought of my longtime girlfriend Natasha, we were about to get married-

I push the tears down and make my way out of the room heading to y/n's.

"Let her be for a while" Clint says appearing behind me. "What should I do, Clint?" I ask, desperate for any kind of advise

"Just give her time"

-

(two weeks later)

Right now I'm rummaging through our room trying to find my favourite ring. I haven't seen it in weeks.

I end up in front of Nat's nightstand, she liked to steal my things, you know. But as I open the drawer I'm not met with the ring I'm searching, no, I'm met with an envelope- 'Y/n' is written on it. I know that handwriting, it's Nat's. Red ink, cursive handwriting, I'd recognise that everywhere.

I take a deep breath before taking the letter with shaking hands.

I stand up and make my way to y/n's door. "Y/n, it's me, Maria. Can I come in?" I knock softly, as I hear a quiet 'yeah' I open the door. She sits up in her bed and takes her headphones out.

"Hey" I smile

"What's that?" she asks as her eyes drift to my hands. "I found it in her nightstand" I whisper