Chapter Seventy

Mulai dari awal

I don't say anything, I remain completely silent waiting almost perpetually for him to leave which eventually he does and I am left with the sounds of his feet crossing the floor towards the door before it closes and the silence returns to eclipse the room, and drown out all other sounds.

Opening the door I then cross to the large window and watch him drive his Maybach coupe towards the gate and away from the house. I then listened to the sound of him driving away until the sound of an engine was gone.

Shutting my eyes I felt the tears well up in the corners before breaking free and sliding down my face until I heard soft whispers and the sound of acknowledgement behind me but my vision was blurry, and my own sobs distorted the sound of the voices.

Then just as fast as I had begun turning around I was pulled into a hug and almost immediately through trying to pull in breaths to calm myself I recognized the scent of woody notes, and cinnamon.

"You can cry Miss Louviere" Nathan says and peering past him was my mom, along with a few of the boys who all stood to not disturb us. I also had a feeling that Arilynn would be told about this at some point, but I also knew that she wouldn't ask questions about it knowing how reclusive Nathan was. I actually wouldn't be too surprised if she knew more about Nathan in the time they'd spent together then I ever did. No conditioning would ever get rid of this raven haired boy's compassion towards others, and for some reason that included me.

"I'll leave you all alone" my mom says walking away and leaving the other three boys to walk in and shut the door for privacy.

"Pourquoi es-tu ici, ta petite amie ne sera-t-elle pas contrariée que tu me serres dans tes bras?" I whisper and Nathan's hum reverberates against my skin since I was short enough to have my face pressed into his shoulder.

"Je suis ici parce que je vis à New York, on dira aussi à Arilynn, et dans son style habituel, sachez que c'est simplement moi qui mets le soin de mes amis au-dessus du fait que vous êtes mon ex, vous êtes aussi comme une sœur pour les garçons derrière moi, et moi-même, donc je me sentirais horrible si je n'essayais pas au moins d'aider" he replies while I softly sob into him.

I think this was part of why things with Nathan were never difficult in the aftermath, he was always a protective, and caring figure regardless of his connection to everyone around him. He also never held grudges unless they were absolutely necessary. Other then that this was Nathan behind all of it, even if this version was a partial one to who he really was several layers deeper.

"I got tissues" Theo says and once more I look to see the blonde boy with three boxes of tissues which I couldn't resist laughing about since Theo couldn't have been any more pure in nature.

"I think we all have issues" Zavier says and Nathan instinctually glares at him.

"He said tissues dickhead" he corrects while I move to accept the tissue boxes.

Sitting down on the edge of my bed I looked between all of them while Theo fetched my makeup, and began drying my tears, and reapplying what I had worn that day with some help for product choice.

"Why did all of you come over here, you couldn't have known anything was happening" I say looking at all of them while Theo used a beauty blender to put my foundation on.

"We all were visiting with the Winters and Nathan noticed that your dad left so we thought we'd come over to check on you" Lucian says correcting the position of his glasses.

"Actually Nathan got a gut feeling and quickly left, we all followed him here after he told us he thought something was wr-" Zavier spills before three flat looks were pointed at him, and Theo gave him a look while gesticulating with one of my brushes.

"I literally told all of you to not tell her that, thanks Ambrose for never being able to keep your mouth shut" Nathan mutters a cool undertone to the words while he stood with his arms crossed leaning against my bedframe.

"It's his expertise" Lucian comments looking up from his phone.

"Which eyeliner did you use?" Theo asks likely unaware of the tension around him, as he looked down at my collection of eyeliner pencils.

"Urban Decay 24/7" Nathan and I say at the same time, before I glance at him and he shrugs. "It'll be the one that says perversion on the side" Nathan adds before his attention returned to his friends.

"My dad is gone, my mom told him she'd send the divorce papers to him, apparently he's going to Seattle to 'end all this', whatever that meant" I say and I see all four boys exchange a look.

"Arilynn is in Seattle, alone with security" Theo says, and Nathan nods.

"An absolute fuck ton of security, there shouldn't be a single time she's away from them or security isn't at the penthouse, the only real time is when she's driving somewhere" Nathan says before horror, and then rage passed over his face, and just as fast he was out of my bedroom door with his phone in hand.

"My father shouldn't know that Arilynn is there".

"No he shouldn't, but your father has been playing a game to get to the Winters for some time, so if he does know, it wouldn't be a surprise" Lucian says shaking his head slightly.

"Then I guess we're all going to Seattle, and I'm helping you all" I say watching as Theo put all of the makeup away.

"We should hurry then because Nathan drives fast, and he won't fuck around when it comes to Arilynn" Zavier points out before one by one we all were out the door behind him.

Ta da, on time in the usual manner, I just had to write all day, I hope you like it. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace