The Well - Part 1

Location: London, England

"In ancient times, people believed the heavens were filled with gods and monsters and magical worlds. Then, as time passed, those beliefs faded into myth and folklore. But now we know the stories were true. Other worlds, with names like Asgard, do exist. And beings once revered as gods, like Thor, have returned, leaving us with more questions." Simmons explains.

"And... an enormous mess to clean up." I add. We were cleaning up after Thor dark world. Oh oops not supposed to say that. Scratch that. We were cleaning up after Thor and the dark elves fought and it was taking forever.

"Checking for alien spectrographic signatures one teeny rock at a time." Leo states.

"Necessary precaution. We don't want anything alien getting in the wrong hands." Ward mutters to Skye. They seem to be getting along... well. Eww I just had a thought. They better not start dating I don't know why but that just seems wrong.

"Still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do." Leo states.

"I mean, he is right." I announce. "For once." I mumble under my breath.

"You're our little monkey." Ward tells me ruffling my hair.

"Leo, is that, um..." I say in response to my tablet beeping.

"Definitely not from here. Another piece of the ship. What are you doing?" Leo questions as Ward picks up the alien thing.

"Out of sight... out of mind. That's why we're here. Keep everything under control." Ward explains. "Alright let's clear out."
------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Norway

"I can climb it if you want. Just talk me through what to do with the... doodads. Yeah, it's only about 15 feet." Ward offers. I'm currently harnessed up and ready to scale a fallen tree. I can normally climb a tree easily but ever since jumping out the plane. I have been a bit wary about heights.

"I'll be fine. I'm... I'm just a bit more wary about the height thing since falling to certain death." I explain.

"You're afraid. Hmm? Shaken up? It's normal. But some feelings will take over if you dwell on them. Especially fear. Now, keep your eyes ahead. Focus on what you like to do best." Ward tells me.

"Yep. Not falling." I state.

"No, research. You're a scientist. You like to figure things out." Ward says nudging my shoulder and helping me mount the tree.

"Yes. With my doodads." I say with a giggle. Doodads. Ha! I could say that all day. Doodads doodads doodads.

"I'm curious. Whatever was up in these trees had to be there for centuries, right?" Ward questions as I slowly walk up the tree.

"At least a millennium. Radiocarbon-14 dates some of these trees at 9,000 years old." I answer.

"That sounds impossible. Think the tree grew around it?" Ward asks as I continue to climb still keeping a strong grip on Ward's hand.

"I'd have to check the dendrochronology first to know for certain." I state. "But, I mean, the Norway spruce is a rather fast-growing coniferous, and I know you're trying to trick me into going up, but I'm going up anyway, so..." I continue.

"I'll catch you if you fall." Ward tells me reassuringly as he let's go of my hand.

"Yeah. Good thing it's you there and not Leo. I wouldn't trust him with my lab equipment let alone my life." I joke.