The Asset- Part 2

Location: The bus

"Hey, Chlo?" Skye asks.

"Yeah" I reply.

"Ward said that SHIELD doesn't have a truth serum, is that true?" She questions.

"Well I'm only level 5 so this might not be true but I don't believe there is one but, it isn't impossible." I explain.

"Oh Coulson you little liar." Skye says. Skye then rushes to Coulsons office to confront him and I tag along to make sure no one gets killed, Skye is very violent sometimes.

"Either someone cracked our comm system, or Dr. Hall's movements leaked from inside S.H.I.E.L.D. " We catch Coulson explaining.

"You really think we have a mole?" May then questions.

"I think you should go through the communication logs, rule it out. We'll work the tractor tread that we found on the scene." Coulson continues.

"I can do that instead of pull-ups. I can upload an image of the tread pattern, check to see if there's any sort of..." Skye interrupts as I catch up to her panting.

"Already done." Ward says which causes me and Skye to roll out eyes. "Matched it to a 2010 model. Found a list of purchasers within a 500-mile radius, narrowed down to those with priors, financial troubles, or propensity for risk-taking. Three suspects." He continues.

"Who may have sold their construction equipment to the kidnappers. We'll ask." Coulson says. The two specialists then leave, leaving just me, Skye and Coulson in the room

"Hey, so, Ward said a funny thing. He said that you guys don't have a truth serum." Skye tells Coulson.

"Did he? Ward said that?" Coulson questions.

"Yeah, and Chloe just confirmed what I said." Skye continues.

"Interesting." Coulson says turning to me.

"Well actually I didn't rule it...." I start.

"Just shut up." Skye mumbles through gritted teeth.

"Well actually We're both wondering is there a truth serum?" I inquire.

"That's classified." Coulson states with a small smirk. Then he has the audacity to just walk off.

"Hey." May then says dropping stacks off files on me and Skye.

"Do you want us to bench press these?" Skye questions. Ha! She thinks I'd bench press these do I look like a jock to you, well actually you can't see me your just reading, and there goes the fourth wall. Yeah we're gonna need to get that fixed. Anyways let's get back to the story.

"Read it. Every communication out of HQ since they decided to transfer Dr. Hall. " May states flatly, walking off immediately after.

"Oh hell nah I'm not doing this bye, if you need me I'll be nerding out!" I say dropping my pile on Skye and walking off to the lab.

"Wait Chloe... Ugh! Hang in there, Doc. It's gonna be a while. " I hear Skye mumble to herself.

"Hey bro." I shout at Leo while walking into the lab.

"Hey, Chlo. Want to help me with this?" Leo questions pointing to the substance we found earlier.

"Sure!" I reply enthusiastically. I mean anything better than reading those files ugh! Me and Leo research the substance for a good couple hours.

"Hey Jemma." I wave at Jemma who just walked in.

"Oh there you are. SKYE SHE'S DOWN HERE!!!" Simmons shouts.