Chapter 20: Savior

After a couple failed attempts of trying to wake Jake up, he finally came too.

"Jake!" Y/n sighed. He groaned as he sat up, his hand moving to his head slowly.

"What happened?" He asked groggily.

"Quaritch is dead." Y/n spoke in a tough voice. Jake's eyes went wide, looking around the ship to see the man's body laying on the ground.

"That's good, but the water is coming in." Y/n told Jake, wearily looking at the water. He nodded, using the help from Y/n to stand up.

"Alright, let's go." Jake spoke. He looked around looking for a possible exit, his eyes landing on Y/n's new wound. It was still bleeding, but now badly.

Taking Y/n's hand and dragging her through the ship. They had no idea where they were.

They ran through the ship, the water now filling the ship fast. A cracking noise filled the air, the ship starting to tilt to the side. Y/n slipped on the floor, her hand leaving Jake's grasp, her body sliding into a crate.

She yelped out in pain, the side of the crate hitting near her opened wound. Jake walked to her, grabbing her body and placing her back onto the floor.

"Thanks." She muttered, following Jake as he continued to walk. The water was now up to Y/n's waist, making it harder and harder for her to keep moving. Her wound had started bleeding again, exhaustion consuming her.

"Dad! Y/n!" A voice shouted from down the hallway. Jake's and Y/n's ears perked up, hearing Lo'aks voice.

Splashing was heard as Lo'ak and Neteyam ran towards the two, Lo'ak going to his Dad and Neteyam going to Y/n.

"I was shot again..." Y/n spoke, Neteyam sighing. He pressed his lips to her forehead, just happy that she was okay.

"We have to get out of here." Neteyam spoke, now seeing that the water was rising even higher. Now all of the kids were swimming, Jake barely being able to stand.

"I can't do it. Go ahead." Jake spoke, his voice breaking at the end. Lo'ak turned to his father, swimming close to him.

"Deep breaths. The way of the water has no beginning and no end." Lo'ak spoke to his father, reciting Tsireya's words. "The sea is around you and in you. The sea is your home, before your birth and after you death." Lo'ak finished. Jake nodded, his heat rate calming down.

"You've got this Jake, deep breaths. We'll do this together." Y/n spoke in a reassuring tone. If she could do it with an open wound, Jake would be able to do it too.

He nodded, taking a deep breath, submerging his head under the water. The teens followed his actions, swimming through the sinking ship.

They swam in the dark for a while, reaching out in front of them to make sure that they didn't run into anything.

'What is that?' Y/n signed to Neteyam who was right next to her. A single glowing fish saw around them, thousands more following.

'I think it's our way out.' Neteyam spoke, taking Y/n's hand and swimming through the glowing fish. They followed the fish through the hallways, looking back every once in a while to make sure that Lo'ak and Jake were still alive.

They eventually made it out of the ship, but we're all running out of air. Fast too.

Jake swam slower, the man struggling more than the kids were. Neteyam went over to help Lo'ak with his Dad, Y/n swimming behind them.

Payakan swam up next to them, offering his fin to them. Y/n grabbed onto his fin, the Sully's doing the same. The large tulkun swam up to the surface, each Na'vi taking a deep breath when they surfaced.

'Thank you Payakan' Y/n signed to the Tulkun. He made happy clicking noises back. Y/n walked over to Neteyam, sitting down next to him.

"I'm so glad you're safe." Y/n spoke as Neteyam put his arm around her, pulling the girl into his side.

"Me too." Neteyam spoke.

"Mom! Tuk! Kiri!" Lo'ak called out as three heads popped out of the water. They made their way to Payakan, climbing up into his fin.

Jake made his way over to them, hitting each after checking them over for any injuries. Y/n tan over to Tuk, picking her up and hugging her tightly.

"Oh Tuk!" Y/n exclaimed, peppering the little girl's face with kisses. She giggled, making Y/n happy.

"Do I get kisses like that?" A voice spoke from behind the two. Y/n turned around with Tuk still in her arms to see Lo'ak with a smirk on his face.

"Of course-" Y/n started, but Neteyam cut her off.

"-Not." Neteyam said as he walked up to the girl, putting his arm around her waist and pulling her body into his side.

"Oh shut up Neteyam. You're just jealous she's never done that to you." Lo'ak joked. Neteyam scoffed.

"Please, I've gotten a lot more than a few kisses on my face." He smiled. Y/n's eyes widened, her mouth dropping open. Y/n looked around, her eyes stopping on Jake's face. He wore the same annoyed look on his face as he did when he caught Neteyam and Y/n almost kissing.

"Okay, let's not talk about this in front of Tuk..." Jake sighed, giving stern eyes to his two sons.

"Talk about what? Mating? Cause I already know about that stuff." Tuk spoke up from her Dad's arms. Everyone's eyes widened as the girl butted into their conversation.

Sorry for the short chapter, I really wasn't feeling good after my tournament. But now I know why!

I have Covid. So that means a lot of rest and writing when I'm not too tired!!

985 words, proofread