Chapter 1: The Idiots

Y/n ⤴️

Y/n ⤴️

Y/n's Ikran; Tipani

Y/n's Ikran; Tipani

I looked down from my Ikran, Tipani, to see the damage that had been done to the mag lev. Near the ground, planes were exploding and Neytiri was shooting arrows left and right. I've always wondered what it felt like to be useful when doing these raids, but my job was to be a lookout with Neteyam and Lo'ak.

I knew that Jake had given them that role to make them believe that they were actually being useful, but I know better. We were given strict instructions to not go anywhere near the battlefield. We stay in the air and watch for any incoming danger, contacting Jake if we see anything.

I kept flying, going in circles around the Na'vi on the ground, keeping an eye out for any incoming helicopters. An explosion rumbled through the ground causing me to look down. The cargo train has been derailed by Jake and Neytiri. It was a clear win for the Na'vi.

"Woohoo!" I whooped from my spot in the sky, Jake heard it and looked up with a smile at me. He whooped back, jutting his first into the air when the warriors scrambled to get the cargo.

I continued to patrol around the area, expecting to see Neteyam and Lo'ak, but they were no where to be found. I looked around the sky for them, not seeing the two boys anywhere. I Tipani down to coast near the ground. That's when I spotted them. I cursed, debating on what to do.

I could either keep on patrolling the area, or join them to make sure that they don't do anything stupid. I decided with the latter. I urged Tipani to fly down to the ground, coming to a stop next to the brothers' Ikrans.

"What are you two skxangs doing?!" I whisper shouted at them. Lo'ak grabbed a gun, not responding to me.

"Do you even know how to use that?" Neteyam asked his younger brother. Lo'ak rolled his eyes, his head turning to Neteyam.

"Yes, Dad taught me how to use one" Lo'ak said in a 'matter of fact' tone. My eyes rolled, my preipheral vision catching onto movement. I quickly moved my head to the left to see two helicopters flying into the area where the wreckage was.

"Lo'ak! Neteyam! There's helicopters inbound!" I shouted at the two skxangs. They both stopped talking and turned to where I was pointing too. Their eyes went wide, Neteyam contacting Jake to tell him what was happening.

"Devil Dog, there is a ship coming from the North!" He called in urgently. She could hear Jake's voice through her ear piece. The ship started shooting at us, killing some of the Na'vi that had tried to flee.

"Come on!" I shouted as the three of us started running back to their Ikrans. Neteyam grabbed my hand, pulling me along with him to make sure I didn't fall behind.

Before we could make it to the Ikrans, the helicopter had launched a missile, the impact throwing the us into the rubble. Lo'ak was blown to the left, Neteyam to the right, and I went flying forwards.

I groaned at the impact as my head hit a rock, feeling slightly light headed. I brought her hand up to the back of my head and pulled it back to look. Red liquid covered the tips of my fingers, eyes going wide. This wasn't good, at all.

I saw three bodies coming into my fuzzy view, also hearing some shouting. Once my vision went back to normal, I could make out Lo'ak, Neteyam and Jake.

"Are you okay Y/n?" Neteyam asked me. I nodded, but the blood on my hand gave it away.

"Come on, let's get you up" Jake spoke as he pulled me up and over his shoulder. He handed me off to Neteyam once he was on his Ikran, the boy having a tight hold on me. My chest layed against his, my face in the crook of his neck. One of his hands rested on the queue that connected his braid and the Ikran, and his other was on my waist.
A shudder was sent down his spine at the feeling of my warm breath against his neck. Tipani flew behind next to Neteyam's, feeling nervous for her rider.

Once the four riders reached their home in the Hallelujah Mountains, Neteyam had handed me back to Jake when he got off of his Ikran. Jake brought me to the medicine hut, where Mo'at and Kiri were. Their eyes went wide when they saw the girl, instantly getting to work tending to the wounds that were scattered throughout my body. Jake walked back out to his sons with a stern look on his face.

"You're supposed to be spotters!" Jake started in a stern voice. "You spot bogies for a distance, and you call them in! Does any of this sound familiar?" Jake asked at his two sons.

"Jesus! I let you three fly on a mission thinking you're ready, and you almost get yourselves killed." Jake said. The boys looked down ashamed of theirselves.

"Dad....Sir.... I take full responsibility..." Neteyam started before his Dad interrupted him.

"Yeah, you do! You're the older brother, so start acting like one." Jake shouted at his eldest.

"Ma Jake" Neytiri spoke. "Your son is actually bleeding" She pointed out.

"Go get yourself patched up" Jake said. When Neteyam didn't move, he added. "Go! You're dismissed. As Neteyam walked away to the medicine hut to get his wounds treated, Jake's eyes shifted to Lo'ak.

"You're grounded, no flying for a month! Jake said. Lo'ak looked down and nodded. "Now go tend to the Ikrans, all of them. And get that crap off your face." He said. Lo'ak walked away to tend to the Ikrans, grumbling under his breath as he did so.

He walked off to find Neteyam, thinking about what would've happened if the missile had hurt the kids any more than it already had.

I hissed as Mo'at applied an ointment onto the gash on my side as well as some scratches littering my torso.

"Does the Princess need a kiss on the boo boo?" Spider joked. He had wandered into the hut a couple minutes ago, seeing as all of the Sully kids were there. I flattened my ears so they touched the side of my head and hissed at him, Neteyam also giving him an annoyed glare.

"I would use Yalknabark" Kiri started, walking over to me, and handing Mo'at a mixture she had mixed.

"Oh yeah. And who is tashík?" Mo'at questioned Kiri. Her tone sounded annoyed, but in reality she was proud the Kiri had suggested that.

"You are.... Move!" She said as she shoved Lo'ak out of the way while she was walking. Lo'ak's facial expression turned to confusion when she did so. "You are grandmother, but yalknabar is better" Kiri finished.

"Ow. Ow!" Neteyam shouted as his grandmother had put some of the same ointment onto his back that she did on me. It really didn't sting that much, but Neteyam was also just an oversized baby half of the time.

"Ow!" He said once more. I whipped him with my tail and he moved his head over to me. "Ow?!" He asked in a high voice. I rolled my eyes, huffing before answering.

"It didn't even sting that bad. You're just a big baby when it comes to this stuff." I teased with a smirk.

"Shut up." He answered back with an eye roll. Outside of the hut were Jake and Neytiri. They had been watching the kids talk.

"You are very hard on them." Neytiri said to her mate. He sighed and looked at her. "I'm their father, it's my job." He said.

"This is not a squad, it is a family." Neytiri reminded Jake. The remark made Jake think. His expression softened and he put his gun down. He sighed and turned, putting his arm on Neytiri's arms.

"I thought that we had lost them." He said in a soft tone.

1330 words, proofread