Chapter 17: Mighty Warrior

The group of teens swam frantically as the human ships chased after them. Y/n's head was going a million miles per second. 'Where was Neteyam?' 'Is Neteyam okay?' Will we survive?'

The group swam on their ilus through the kelp, trying to shake off the submarines. Tsireya was in the front of the group, Ao'nung and Y/n in the back. She held onto the boy tightly, making sure that she didn't fall off.

Tuk was slowly losing her grip on Kiri, totally flying off when a giant leaf had hit her. Y/n almost screamed, forgetting that she was in the water. She leapt off of Ao'nung's ilu, swimming back to her little sister. Grabbing Tuk's hand, they swam to a giant forest of kelp. Knowing that neither of them would be able to hold their breath for any longer, they swam to some big plants.

"Tuk are you alright?" Y/n asked, turning the girl around as she checked her for any injuries. She nodded, Y/n sighing. Tuk screamed slightly as Tsireya and Lo'ak joined them in the large plant. "Are you two alright?" She asked the two teens. They nodded as well, taking deep breaths.

Tsireya looked into the water again, seeing the submarine coming closer to them. Y/n took Tuk's hand, each of them taking one deep breath before submerging back into the water. They swam as fast as their legs would allow, but it was not fast enough.

A large net surrounded them, enclosing around Y/n, Tuk and Tsireya. Lo'ak had somehow managed to escape and was trying to cut the net with his knife. It was not working at all. A large blue and green ikran dove into the water, grabbing the net with its talons and lifting the girls into the air.

The three shouted in distress as Lo'ak continued to work on the net. "Tuk move your hand!" He called to his little sister, the girl complying as she moved closer to Y/n. She encased the girl in her arms, reassuring her that they would be alright.

The net was dropped onto the floor of the ship, the four grunting as they hit it. Y/n pushed Lo'ak, Tsireya and Tuk behind her, grabbing Lo'ak's knife from the floor and pointing it at the avatars while hissing loudly.

The avatars around her laughed, one walking behind her and pushing a gun to her head. Her hissing subsided when she felt the coldness of the barrel on her temple.

"Stop. Stop! Don't hurt them, please!" Someone shouted. She moved her eyes to the side, not wanting to move her head, seeing Spider jump down from a railing. She grew annoyed quickly. Whenever something bad happened, that boy was always there. He was like a curse.

She heard an ikran from above, seeing it land and a familiar face dismounting it. It was fucking Quaritch. He made a motion to his fellow avatars, and they cuffed the young Na'vi to the railing of the ship.

"Mawey Tuk, mawey." Y/n cooed as she used her free hand to caress Tuks' cheek softly. The little girl leaned into her touch, slightly calming down for the moment. Y/n looked to Lo'ak and Tsireya, the former telling the latter to be brave.

"It's Dad." Tuk exclaimed with a smile. Y/n looked at the horizon to see a group of skimwings flying on the ocean surface. Quartich snatched the earpiece from Lo'ak and put it in his ear.

"Jake. Tell your friends to stand down. If you want your kids back, you come out alone." Quaritch sneered. "You know better than to test my resolve." He added as he placed a gun to Y/n's head.

"No!" Lo'ak shouted as he fought against the restraints. Quartich looked back to the group out in the ocean before speaking again.

"I took you under my wing Jake, and you betrayed me. You killed your own kind. Good men and women." Quaritch spoke. "And I will not hesitate to execute your children." Jake's skimwing slowly swam it's way closer to the boat, leaving the rest behind.

"He's in range to be shot." One of Quartich's men told him. He lowered the gun and shook his head.

"If you hit him now they attack, wait until he is on board." Quaritch explained. Jake was about halfway to the ship when something exploded out of the water. Y/n's eyes went large as she saw Payakan land on the ship, destroying everything in his path. The tulkun flailed around, crashing into the crew members, killing them instantly.

"Brother!" Lo'ak shouted to Payakan. The large mammal made a happy noise in response. The crew members began shooting at Payakan, but his hard exterior skin was too tough for the bullets to hurt him. A large harpoon was launched his way, soaring through the air. He moved his head slightly, the harpoon hitting the crest on his head and bouncing off.

"Sully is inbound. I want eyes out!" Quaritch yelled at his men. He made his way over to his ikran and connected to it, flying off to find Jake. The four kids watched as the crew on the ship ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

The ship bounced over waves created by Payakan, suspending the four Na'vi into the air for a few seconds. They held onto the railing while their bodies floated. The ship crashed down, them with it. Y/n's body slammed against the floor harshly, her head hitting the railing. She reached her free hand up to her head, hissing in pain when she touched it.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Tuk asked when she heard you hiss in pain. You nodded, putting on a tough facial expression for her. She bought it, but Tsireya and Lo'ak didn't. They noticed the red liquid that was on your hand as you hid it behind your back.

Y/n sat against the railing, totally out of it and starting to see black spots dancing around when she heard Tuk scream.

"Neteyam!" Tuk screamed. Y/n turned her head to the side as she saw Neteyam on the ship, running towards them. He kissed Tuk on the head before cutting the binds that were holding her to the railing. He then moved to Tsireya, doing the same.

"Who's the mighty warrior now?" Neteyam smirked at his baby brother. Lo'ak hissed in annoyance as Neteyam cut his binds too. He made his way to Y/n smiling when he saw her.

"Oh Y/n." He sighed when he saw the blood on her hand. He cut her binds as well, helping her stand up. He wrapped his hands around her waist, hugging her tightly. He pulled back, kissing her on the lips lightly.

Neteyam told Tuk and Tsireya to leave, the two jumping into the water and swimming to where Ao'nung and Roxto were. Lo'ak picked up a gun, walking away from the two.

"Where do you think your going?" Neteyam asked as he grabbed Lo'ak's arm.

"We have to save Spider." He spoke. Neteyam rolled his eyes but nodded. He and Y/n followed Lo'ak into the ship, walking around to find Spider.

1212 words, proofread.