Chapter 4: I don't think it's your fault

"Where is he?" Quaritch questioned Lo'ak. When he didn't respond, Quartich grabbed his queue and pulled. Lo'ak screamed in pain, making Tuk even more scared if it was possible. Since Quartich couldn't get the answer out of Lo'ak, he walked over to Kiri.

"Kehe! No! Kiri!" Lo'ak called out as he struggled against the avatar holding him.

"Please. Please stop!" Y/n called out as she shook her body to try and get out of the hold the avatar had on her.

"Stop moving!" The avatar sneered as she pulled on Y/m's queue, making her shout out in pain.

"Hey. Hey! Don't touch her!" Spider called out. This made Quaritch stop walking and look at the boy. His eyes widened as he stepped closer to Spider.

"What is your name, kid?" Quartich asked.

"Spider. Socorro." Spider rescinded as he looked the man in front of him right in the eyes. Qauritch seemed in shock at the moment. He then shook his head a little before speaking.

"Miles?" He questioned in an uncertain tone. Y/n looked around the area seeing if there was any way that she could escape. Her eyes stopped on Tuk as she was already looking at Y/n.
'Mawey' She mouthed. 'Mawey' Tuk seemed to calm down a little after that.

"Nobody calls me that." Spider told Qauritch.

"Well I'll be damned. I had figures that they would've sent you back to Earth." The man spoke up as he stood.

"Can't put babies in a cyro dipshit." Spider sassed.

Y/n looked to the sky. Eclipse had already started, making some of the forest light up already. She couldn't help but feel responsible for this situation as she was in charge of everyone when they were exploring. Now they were being held captive. Y/n was brought out her thoughts when she heard a video being played. She moved her head a little to catch a glimpse of it. It was the video log of when Neytiri had killed Quaritch. She watched as Neytiri shot the man two times, his machine body finally falling over as Qaurtich took his last breath.

The avatars had been given orders to tie the teens up, giving Y/n an escape plan. She was the last one to be tied up, the avatar coming over to her. She held out her hands and as the avatar went to tie her hands together, she shot them up right into the avatars' nose. She heard a satisfying crunch, and jumped up into the trees.

"Where'd she go?" Y/n could hear Quartich yell at his followers. She saw them shrug from where she was hiding, and drew one of her arrows. She knew that she would have to move quickly after releasing the arrow because they would be quick to shoot. She took a deep breath and aimed it at the avatar that was holding Kiri. He was moving a little, and she wouldn't be able to get a clean shot without hurting Kiri. Which she didn't plan on doing. She heard a whoop. Neytiri. She looked around in the trees until she spotted her. Thank goodness she was here. She turned back around to see Neteyam right next to her. She went to go scream, but he covered her mouth with his hand quickly. She sighed, giving him a glare.

"Why would you do that?" She whispered. Neteyam simply just put a finger to his mouth, indicating for her to shut up. She rolled her eyes, and turned her head to see the area where Spider, Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk were being held. Neteyam was pushed up against her, practically leaning against her to look as well.

Another whoop was heard from Neytiri, this time an arrow being shot with it. It impaled the avatar that was holding Kiri, the man dropping and letting Kiri run. Another arrow was shot, this time hitting the woman that held Tuk. Lo'ak bit the arm of the man who held him, and opened a smoke grenade from the soldier next to him. Neteyam and Y/n had ran over to where Lo'ak and Tuk where, scooping the little girl up in her arms and running. Lo'ak and Neteyam ran behind them, only stopping once they knew that they were not being followed and were safe.

"Thank god you're safe. This was all my fault." Y/n told Tuk as she pressed her fore head against the little girls. Tuk grabbed the side of her face, speaking while doing so.

"It's not you're fault Y/n." Tuk spoke softly. She felt a hand on her shoulder, her head turning, she saw Neteyam and Lo'ak standing next to her, a sorrowful look on their faces.

"You couldn't have known that was ever going to happen Y/n." Lo'ak spoke with a soft smile.

"Thanks Lo'ak." She said, giving the boy a half hearted smile back. She put Tuk down, letting her walk with Lo'ak ahead of her and Neteyam. She walked quietly next to him, she wildlife making noises around them. She felt something warm grab her hand, looking down to see fingers intertwined with hers. She looked back up at the boy next to her, only to see him already looking down at her. He stopped, grabbing her other hand and making her look at him.

"What's wrong Y/n/n?" Neteyam asked the girl as he lifted her chin with his hand, making him look at her. She closed her eyes and sighed, leaning her head into the boys' chest.

"I just feel like somehow this is all my fault. I should have been more strict with Spider and Lo'ak when they went to go track to footsteps. Jake trusted me to look after them, and I just got everyone put in danger. I mean someone could have died because of me Teyam!" Y/n ranted as the boy rubbed her back soothingly.

He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back slightly, pressing a gentle kiss against her forehead. A light blush spread over her cheeks, the girl happy that it was dark out.

"I don't think it's your fault." He reassured her, both of them starting the walk back to the mountains.

1043 words, proofread