Chapter 13: Kiri

"This is it." Tsireya called out as she stopped her ilu. Below them, a pink glowing tree stood in the water. It looked very different from their spirit tree back home. Everyone slid off of their ilu, submerging into the water and swimming down.

Neteyam and Y/n swam next to each other, stopping when they reached the tree. Y/n looked over to the boy, smiling as best as she could. She grabbed her braid from behind her and watched as the tendrils connected with the tree.

Her eyes closed as Eywa showed her something.

Y/n and Neteyam were laying together on the beach, looking up into the sky to see all of the stars. Their hands and tails intertwined, they looked peaceful together.

Y/n was watching the stars shoot across the sky, her eyes reflecting each one. Neteyam however, well there was a sky full of stars, but he was staring at her. His star. The one that he was going to have a future together.

Y/n looked away from the stars to see Neteyam looking at her in a daze. She smiled at the boy next to her.

"What?" Y/n questioned, pulling Neteyam out of his daze. He smiled, nuzzling his face in her neck.

"I love you." He said, kissing the skin of her neck tenderly. Y/n smiled to herself as she felt Neteyam's hand move to her stomach, carefully caressing it. Her eyes moved down, seeing a a small baby bump.

"I love you too Teyam." Y/n whispered at she kissed his head gently, her own hands reaching for his. 

This wasn't one of Y/n's memories, it was her future.

Y/n was pulled out of the vieweing of her future, seeing the tre flashing frantically. Kiri was struggling, her body seizing. Her body was lit up like if it was being shocked. Y/n disconnected her queue quickly and swam over to the girl. Tsireya got to her first, disconnecting her queue, the tree going dark.

Y/n swam over to Tuk, grabbing her hand and helping her get to the surface. Once they got there, they each took a deep breath. Neteyam was holding onto Kiri, struggling to keep both of them above the water.

"Kiri!" Tuk shouted out as the two swam closer to everyone else. "Is she okay?" The little girl as Neteyam. Y/n grabbed onto Kiri as well, helping Neteyam stay afloat.

"I've got her." Neteyam reassured his little sister.

"What is wrong?" Roxto questioned. Since when did he care about us 'freaks'?

"It was a seizure..." Neteyam replied as he got Kiri onto his ilu and began to preform mouth-to-mouth. Eventually, Kiri gasped for breath, continuing to do so but her eyes never opened.

"Get her to the village, quick!" Tsireya shouted as everyone mounted onto their ilu. Since Neteyam had Kiri on his Ilu, and Tsireya had Tuk on hers, Y/n had to no one to ride with.

"Need a ride?" A voice said from behind her. She turned around to see Ao'nung with his arm out towards her. She rolled her eyes but accepted, the boy pulling her onto his ilu. She wrapped her arms around his torso, the boy holding onto on of her arms while the other held onto the handle of the ilu.

The ride back was in uncomfortable silence. Y/n didn't enjoy riding on the ilu like she did when she was with Neteyam. It felt weird to be holding onto someone else that wasn't him. And she missed it when he would hold onto her thigh. Even if she didn't need the extra stability to stay on the ilu, she still liked it.

"Ao'nung, Tsireya, go get your Mom." Neteyam demanded when they reached the shore. The two nodded, running off to find their Mom.

Neteyam carried Kiri back to their hut, Y/n holding onto Tuks' hand to make sure that she didn't fall behind. They eventually reached Jake and Neytiri, the two freaking out when they saw Neteyam carrying Kiri.

"Kiri!" Jake shouted out as the two rushed over, Jake taking his daughter from Neteyam's arms. Y/n walked over to Neteyam, rubbing his back while he stared at his sister who was laying unconscious on the ground.

Jake had called in to the base in the forest, asking for Norm and Max to come out and check on Kiri. They hooked her up to a machine with all of these wires, keeping track of her heartbeat and pulse. Shit like that.

"There's no bleeding, no fractures. No signs of hypoxia. Her brain seems fine." Norm told everyone.

"Then why hasn't she woken up yet?" Tuk questioned, her voice wavering.

"Well she definitely had a seizure. Those can cause people to be asleep for a little while sometimes. It just depends on how severe it was." Max explained. Tuk nodded, going over to Neteyam, laying in his lap. Y/n was next to him, playing with his hair softly.

Ronal walked into the hut with some supplies, Tsireya behind her. Once she saw the sky people trying to heal Kiri, she turned around to walk back out.

"I see that I am not needed here. Goodbye." Ronal spoke. Neytiri grabbed her arm, stopping the woman from leaving.

"You are Tshaík!" Neytiri exclaimed. Ronal looked at her and nodded.

"Remove these things." Ronal commanded Norm and Max as she walked over to Kiri. Neytiri growled quietly.

"Out! You have done nothing!" She shouted, the two sky people rushing to gather their supplies. Jake helped them, not wanting Neytiri to be too angry.

Ronal started doing some ritual, praying to Eywa and poking Kiri with a pointy stick softly while chanting and making movements with her arms. Kiri suddenly took a quick breath, her eyes shooting open. Tuk jumped out of Neteyam's lap, running over to her sister.

"Kiri! You're awake!" Tuk smiled as she took her sister's hand. Kiri let out a sob, Neytiri crying with her while embracing her daughter. Ronal backed up so the Sully's could be around Kiri. Y/n walked over to Ronal and stood next to her.

"Thank you Ronal." She spoke, lifting her hand to her forehead and bringing two fingers down as a sign of respect. Ronal copied her actions, smiling as she left the hut with her daughter. Y/n waited until a couple people left Kiri's side to go visit her.

Once Kiri had seemed to calm down a little, Y/n moved over to sit next to her. Y/n pulled Kiri in to a hug, squeezing the girl softly.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispered. She could feel Kiri smile, knowing that everything was now going to be okay. 

1110 words, proofread.