An Aspiring Writer will do anything to make it.

***
Okay, I know it has been a while since I updated this book, however, I began writing this a few years ago, so, even though I am choosing to publish another chapter, it may not be in the same style that this book had been directed in so far. If there are any inconsistencies please be kind and understand that my writing has hopefully improved since I last updated and I may not include the same aspects as I once did. Please feel free to comment throughout the next chapter, on your thoughts on this, as I value all of your opinions.
- J.R
***

SUNDAY
Harriet's POV

I couldn't possibly bring James with me to a work meeting or to work in general, so, why would I bring him on a work day in L.A.? I wouldn't.
I've been having to remind myself of the person I was before I met James, as the person that I still am. An aspiring writer, that would sell my soul to have my book in any store, let alone 3 million copies.
I began to make sure that I had everything that I needed, I packed my suitcase to the brim, brought all my best makeup products, all of my rough copies and good, and a few bikinis, because, after all, it is L.A. I told Allison that I was leaving without James and even she was upset that she couldn't come, but this trip is for me.
my flight is at 3 AM, I prefer earlier flights, I don't know why, but it's one of the only moments I can get up on time.
James to this moment, believes that he is coming with me at 3 AM. However, I have his ticket.
*knock, knock*
The knock on my bedroom door was quickly followed by the gust of wind of the door opening, followed by Allison.
"I still think he's just gonna show up at the airport anyways," she spoke first.
I looked at her and told her, "Even if he does, he doesn't have his ticket, I do."
I showed her the two tickets in my hand.
"So, you're leaving the guy to go to L.A, stealing his ticket, and not telling him at all." this came out of Allison's mouth more as a statement
then a question.
I laughed at my own impulsive bravery.
" You are correct, except I will be sending him a text before I have to turn off my phone for the plane. Explaining that I have to go alone and that I hope he can understand, and if he can't then that's really more of a personal problem."
Allison laughed and sat on the chair in the corner of my room.
" He seems pretty persistent. I honestly don't know how this will end for you," she said.
I closed my suitcase and sat on it, so it would actually zip.
"Alli, I gotta go. This trip is for me, and all the other female aspiring writers who would kill for this opportunity. I can't be stupid now."
She digested my response before embracing me.
"I'm very proud of you, by the way. My best friend, Harriet Anderson, the author."
hearing those words come from Allison, made it all the more real. Author, I'm going to be an author.
she let go of me and looked at my packed items before saying, " alright, get some sleep because you're leaving at 12:30 in the morning."
I nodded my head, knowing she was right.

MONDAY NEW YORK- 2:30 am.
I've made it through bag check and every line so far. The only thing wrong is that James had been calling and texting non-stop since one in the morning. I've had to shut my phone off. Now it's time to board.
I quickly find my seat on a packed airplane and am finally filled with relief that I did not see James and I've actually gotten away with this.
The door to the plane is shut, signifying, that all passengers have now boarded. I was excited to fly, and excited to go. I am not excited about what I may have to face with James later. Thinking it over in my head first, I press the button to turn my phone back on, as I have a few minutes before I have to shut it off again. All of the missed call and text notifications flooded in. I take a deep breath before beginning my message to James.

I have to go to LA by myself for my career. I have to do this alone so that I can say that I did, and can remain focused on my goals. I have been dreaming about this since I was little, and it means so much to me that you were willing to come. However, I have to do this alone and I hope you can understand why I did.

I review the message twice before deciding that it was okay to send. Within a minute, my phone vibrates with a reply, but, I don't want to look yet and it's time to fly. I shut off my phone completely, and choose to read a book I brought instead.

MONDAY L.A.
The flight was not too bad at all, besides my crippling anxiety over James, the book, and traveling alone. This is insane.

The hotel I got is gorgeous, royal blue, white, and baby blue is the color pallet and it is thoughtfully decorated. Then the room phone rang. That's odd. I pick it up on the third ring.

"Harriet, listen to me when I tell you that I am absolutely livid. And you got away with nothing," his words, his voice immediately sending vibrations through my body.

" You think I didn't notice when we weren't communicating when we would leave? Think I'd be that dull? That I wouldn't pick up on the fact that you had my ticket when you could have always given it to me before. Do you really believe me to be that fu;ck!ng stupid? I don't know what type of morons you have dated Harriet Anderson but, I'd never expect you to consider me the same level playing field," he ended his rant with a chuckle.

" I just wanted to make sure that I was thinking clearly about my career and future. Having you here could distract me.." I trailed off.

I couldn't think of what else to say.

" Then prepare for a distraction baby,".

Three knocks followed. Then three louder, and continuously got louder, until I was forced to open the door. As soon as I unlocked it and turned the handle, he flew into the room. His smell intoxicated me, as his arms engulfed me, the door shutting behind him. I was slightly crushed by him, which I think he knew because he hesitantly released me, cupping my face with both of his hands. My eyes met his. I melted.

" Harriet, baby, baby, what the ever-loving hell do you think you are doing leaving me in New York when we had already planned everything out the easy way?" He stared into me.

Damn.

" How did you get here?" I managed to ask.

He brushes his thumb over my bottom lip.

" I bought a ticket from a guy at the airport who happened to be on the same flight, cost me an extra eight-teen hundred dollars though," He finished his response quickly before crushing his lips onto mine. I felt his hand slap against my a$$ twice before I pushed him off.

"James, this is something that I was being serious about. I really like you, you make me feel things I don't totally understand and I don't want to ruin that, but this is very important to me too, and I can't ruin it," I pray he hears the desperation in my voice.

James pulls me towards the bed, sits down, and pulls me on top of his lap fast.

" Baby, I've never felt anything close to the way I feel with you and I am not leaving. I understand this is important to you and I will disappear when necessary but, I will not be leaving when I do not have to. Deal with it," James kisses me hard before pulling away.

I feel his lips trickle down my neck, biting, and nipping my skin. I feel his hands roam up and down my body, then I feel them grab my hair tight and quickly pull my head back so that I am facing the ceiling.

"Now what am I going to do with you, slick?"

***