48

Thayne

"This way" the guards push me towards the west wing. It was a familiar path. I hadn't been here in forever.

"You look filthy!" Henry's voice greets me in the distance.

"I am scraping by brother, given the current  circumstances" I smirk.

Henry walks towards the window and smirks. "Would you ever would give it up? Your title?"

"No" I answer without missing a beat.

"Out of fear?"

"No" I reply. I knew Henry was a man after his own heart. These questions were pointed.

"I'm inviting you to court brother" Henry sighs.

"What is your aim?"mY eyes narrow suspiciously.

"No aim. I only wish for my only brother to be there today. In support."

"Why"

"It's the pope's funeral" Henry says. I saw his eyes twitch which never happened. It was the first time i saw him nervous. He had prolonging this burial for a year. The people of Spain and France were furious with him. I could see why he needed familial support.

"Is that all?" I clarify giving him the opportunity to admit anything else.

"Let's just say the woman you fell in love with is...?not as she seems"

I am silent.
Anna was saying something about this but what did Henry know that I didn't?

"Anything she has to tell me, I'll hear it from her"

"Are you sure about that?" He smirks, walking towards the door.

"Yes. I'm sure"

His knowing look made me a bit nervous but I trusted Anna. Whatever she had to tell me, she would in due time.

——
Gonna be shorter chapters but more frequent uploads!

See you soon