29

This chapter is rated X for EXPLICIT!
There is blood mixed with intimacy so if this isn't your kind of thing, or it makes you squeamish, kindly skip this chapter.

Blood will be a main theme in this book! Don't wanna hear it.

Henry

I had received word of Anna's betrayal. What a sneaky little thorn she was.
She almost had me fooled. Since my brother's arrival, she had been distant, cold.

I thought beating him beyond recognition would deter her affections for Thayne but it only seemed to ripen it.
No, bother. I would fix that soon.

"Call her" I command to my two guards.

"Yes your majesty" they bow in reverence before leaving.

——-

"Henry" Anna pretends to be excited to see me. A full night had passed since I called her to my quarters.

She placed a tray of hot supper down and runs into my arms to kiss his lips. I grab her waistline, returning the embrace before staring into her features.

I would choke her in a minute, but first? I needed to relish in her beauty. Mahogany oak skin greeted me like a rising sunset. She was a woman who knew what power she yielded.
Intelligence could only take you so far but a beautiful woman could make a man fall to his knees.

"Listen listen." She whispers, taking out the thin scroll of papyrus from behind her back. I sit her in my lap as she reads the announcement I put in the papers for Pope Clements death.

"There will be a day of mourning for the life of the Papal Ruler.
May he live on in eternal solitude

Signed,
King Henry the VIII"

She kisses me hungrily as she read my title, running her fingers through my hair. "May he live in eternal solitude. You may as well pissed on his cold corpse Henry" she chuckles.

"The people knew I was not fond of him." I smirk, staring at her as she chuckled after every sentence.

"When is his funeral?"

"I don't know. The Church of Rome is in charge. It could be days or months. They want to hold it here since his body is here. It makes sense." I looked upset and she could tell.

"Tell them to wrap his body and ship it to Rome. You are king! They must listen"

"It is not that easy thorn" I lift her from my lap, walking to the window. She lets silence pass through the room before following me. "You did it my king and now it is over now.
Once the funeral passes, you will be free of his spirit."

She uses her lips to pacify my unrest. I cherished it in times like this. Jane did not have the impact she once had. When I kissed her I imagined my thorn. When she held me, I yearned for Anna.
I would never admit it to her but I needed her.
I craved her.

Anna

He looked a little bit thinner so I knew he wasn't eating.
He was scared.
Angry? Maybe both.

"Come." I sat down and brought him the plate of food to eat. He only stared at it, refusing to quiet his satiety.

"You will wither away to nothing and then what!" I fume, standing up to confront him. "Look at you! Pathetic and hungry! Worrying about matters within your control. You are King Henry the VIII? Are you not? Does your title mean nothing?" I fume, standing up and glaring at him.