44

I am bathed, creamer and and dressed.
Today, I wore a low satin red dress. I hadn't seen Thayne or Thomas since yesterday morning and I was starting to worry.

How dare I sit in the solitude of my room worrying when I was the very cause of it.
It was due to my own folly that Thayne had to be hidden. Why Thomas had been distant.
Why Catherine...was dead.

My plan to win the attention of the king and become Queen was not fairing as easily as I once thought.

But no matter, I knew what to do to tempt him.
Now, I could never lose.

I make my way to the royal court, and happy to start a new day afresh. I must be more intentional with my plan to kill Henry and become the next  queen of England. 

Cromwell quickly catches my pace and walks beside. "Good morning Lady Anna"

"Cromwell." I scoff. We walk together in silence.
He stares at my bosoms purposely, not even ashamed of his gaze.
Funny enough, I don't cover them.
"You always stare at all the ladies bosoms?"

"Surely you did not wear the dress for its pretty color?" He smiles through a menacing grin.

"What business do you have with me? I must not be late for court"

"Business? Can't a old friend say hi?"

"Friend? I don't keep company with unfortunate looking men like you Cromwell."

He laughs a little to assuredly for my liking before returning his gaze to mine.
My goodness, he was hideous.

"Seems like the king has his attention set on another woman. One with auburn hair this time"

"Of course he does. Henry f*cks anything with a skirt and legs"

"Including you?" He says, pushing his hands behind his back.

"If it helps fuels your infantile bedtime fantasies, I will say yes Cromwell." I giggle, unbothered by his pestering questions.

He grabs my arm and guides me away from the entrance of the court, pushing me against the wall of a secluded corner.

"Unhand me you beast!"

"Or what?" he smirks. "You'll tell Henry?
He is not very pleased with you Lady Anna. Lately, you have been making him angrier than usual"

"That is not a threat. I don't live to please him."

"We both know that is a lie" he whispered, pressing a finger against my cheek. His distance made me uneasy and his heightened sense of importance made me fume.

"This conversation is over."  I seethed, trying my hardest to break away from him. He grabs my wrist again, preventing my departure.

This time my patience was short. I take the glove off, my han, and slap his left cheek with a force so severe, the sound echoed across the hallway.

I smiled, as I saw the display, making sure my nails pierced his bumpy skin. On thé left side of course. He always sat in the right side of Henry.

"Make sure Henry sees it. And if he asks how, not that he would care about your insignificant life nor your extracurriculars, tell him Lady Anna branded you. Farewell Cromwell." I gather my dress and push past him, sauntering into the royal court room to start the day .

——

Court ended and I walked on. Henry had been eye f*ucking me the whole day.
Who knew his favorite color was red.

"Anna!
Anna!" I hear Henry's voice behind me but quicken my pace. Henry traps me in a corner of the palace, watching me carefully.

"What?" I ask, purposely pursing my lips to tempt him.

"God bless the man that comes between you and I" he curses dragging down my lip with his thumb. He snatched my jaw into his palm, kissing my lips with a fervent intensity.

I quickly snatch away and purposely turn my head away.

"Your cold with me?" Henry frowns.

"Of course I am!" I snapped. He had betrayed me sleeping with his wife and making her pregnant. How dare he ask her.

"Anna, she's my wife."

"How convenient you remember that now." I scoff, pushing past him. He prohibits my departure and grabs my jaw, slowly stroking my brow with care.

"I needed a heir. That is all she is to me. A vessel"

I frown, looking into his eyes. "I have moved on Henry. Thayne is much more palatable. Caring, handsome, and I don't have to kill a pope to prove my loyalty"

"He is not me Anna" he warns.

"An added perk my king." I smile.

He fails to laugh and pulls me into his lips, parting them with passion. I hated the way my heart beat as he continued, unwinding every fiber of my being. He snatched my waist violently pulling me invasively close to him.

We break once more as I stare into his soft green eyes. "What would you do to have me again?" I ask, tempting his temperance.

"Tell me thorn, And I'll do it." He whispers against my throat.

I had been waiting for him to ask the question.
See, this time it was different. I had no desire to make him murder or kill.
I had no wish to see someone else suffer.
No.

"I want to see you burn Henry" I whisper seductively. It was time he be punished, no matter how high in power he was. He smirks, listening to my word before snatching my jaw.

"And how would I do that?"

"You are a very wise king. I think you know" I hint, brining my hands to adjust his robes. He looks down at me and frowns before pushing me away and storming off.

Author Note
We are going to see Henry BURN🥳🥳🥳

But y'all know it's gonna backfire right???