Chapter Sixty Eight

Start from the beginning

Hamilton wasn't as big as the other businesses all of my friends, and certainly my boyfriend would take over but a billion dollar company was nothing to scoff at by any degree.

Nathan had even said to me to keep it and just alter Hamilton into exactly what I was interested in so that if controversy ever befalls WGI I wouldn't lose everything.

I would admit I'd made a list and Nathan had stated he would sign me a cheque as big as needed since global companies genuinely needed to give WGI money for some of the things they'd given. Even Nexus was now owed nearly ten billion from Ghana since Nathan had asked that his business focus on improving the communications and electronics industries in Africa, Asia and South America.

He'd mentioned how despite most people naming Africa as a poor place which likely contributed to the stereotype, there were much poorer areas all over the world many in South America.

Apparently Winters Group had been trying to change that, but sooner then later it would have to turn into them actively putting in effort to increase other such things to expand in a more effective way for helping those in South America.

"I don't want to drive a four million dollar Bugatti through countries that I could help".

He'd mentioned that in the past to me and I could see why. The entire top level of wealth was changed by the people I'd met. I'd always thought of them as pretentious and always thinking themselves better; but really it was from the expensive upbringing, and high emphasis on good values.

They all wanted to help the world in their own way and I seriously hoped that no matter what they encountered in the coming years that wouldn't change.

All of a sudden I heard a beep and the pilots voice came through.

"We will be landing at Tacoma International Airport in approximately half an hour, please make sure you have all items, and are in your seat in the next twenty minutes, thank you".

Looking over my appearance I stood and went into the back to make sure all my bags that were filled with clothing that I'd likely spend almost the whole night putting up in the closet space that Nathan had apparently called ahead to make. The small problem was that I packed enough clothing to take out here for a month.

I then moved my two very tightly filled duffel bags to the front of the plane and set them by my feet before sitting and buckling my seat for the descent to the outskirts of Seattle.

As the plane touched down I looked out at the night that had befallen the entirety of the city, and the West Coast.

The jet then began to move around the airport and eventually stopped outside a steel hanger which had moonlight shimmer off of it and cast a shadow across the ground that the plane stopped in for a brief moment before the doors opened and white pale florescence illuminated the tarmac.

Walking to the door of the plane, I descended the steps to find that a line up of Audi SQ8's all sat neatly with security around the vehicles using earpieces to speak to one another.

"Principal approaching" I hear one whisper and a quick scan follows before the back door of the middle car is opened and I step inside with my two bags, setting both on the passenger seat beside me. I then watch them all get into the vehicles, and begin driving off towards Nathan's penthouse.

"Head PPO Vesper was directed to make sure you stay in perfect safety. Mr. Winters also gave order to ensure you make it to all your destinations discreetly, along with none of us being clearly known. We all are wearing suits to make this official" my driver a redheaded girl who was likely in her mid twenties informs me.

"Define discreetly, my boyfriend drives sports cars everywhere" I laugh and I see the girl smile briefly.

"We are going to be around the area whenever you go to any stores, meetings, and even just around the penthouse, you won't even know we are there".

"I find that hard to believe, at least for being in the penthouse".

"We only have certain rooms we check, the lobby, elevator, garage, and other rooms with permission, or suspicion to do so".

"That would make sense. My parents weren't ever powerful enough to need bodyguards so I have never known anything like this until I met the Winters family" I admit looking out the window at Seattle which seemed much like St. Paul where I grew up.

"The Winters seem flashier then they are".

"Yes, and reclusive" I muse getting a laugh from my driver. "What is your name, I haven't asked yet, which is quite rude" I add realizing that she likely knows mine but I didn't know hers.

"Gwen" she says before signaling to turn, and taking the corner with the other cars.

"Arilynn, for sake of introduction" I say.

"Where are you from?" Gwen asks peering at the mirror for a moment.

"Minnesota, I don't have any of the accent" I say knowing that a lot of people think that we have really strong accents, or being overly polite like Canadian's. Personally I found it funny.

"I can tell, I'd have guessed western European".

"I hope it's not too strong".

"I'm going off of features, olive complexion, dark hair, brown eyes, slim full build" Gwen says.

"Spanish, Nathan and his family are Greco-Germanic so Mediterranean, the British accent I think was from the Winters having moved in the nineteenth century".

"You know more then me on that, I just protect them. It's a good living for looking after their multi million dollar compounds" Gwen says sounding almost teasing, or amused by the job.

"Must be good at it if you were hired at all. They all have an intensity I only just started to get used to".

"It's their confidence, you have it too, its a good quality for a woman who has secured the future CEO of their global empire. The little bit from your record that I got to read before you arrived here in Seattle said you've been around various socialites. So my questions are just to get to know you better".

"Even though I am used to this life, I prefer simplicity, I like being in the background and not really taken seriously. No one ever became smart by never shutting up" I say looking at a particular building that stood taller then all the rest and considering it had the metal, and marble with tinted glass theme much like every other Winters Group buildings I guessed that it was the West Coast Winters Group Headquarters.

"Not my place to further comment; however, you remind me of how Olivia is confident but quiet".

"I'd rather be the forever pair of Nathan just without all the supposed drama that plagued his parents. If it can be stopped".

Gwen then pursed her lips and once again looked back at me.

"I don't know if that will happen for you, but I hope you stay around. It's pretty common knowledge amongst the PPO's that you have made Nathan very happy in the time that you've been around" she says and I nod ignoring the small fluttery feeling in my stomach.

Sooner then I would have suspected we pulled up to the front of the building where Nathan's penthouse was, and I got out soon followed by Gwen as I made my way toward the top floor of the building in hopes of admiring the view, then passing out on call with my boyfriend.

Done another one, Saturday's I'm not quite sure when it will be up likely not by eight since I wake up then on the weekend, however I hope you enjoyed the update, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace