But people might see us...

Levi had to resist the urge to tackle Eren and push him to the ground to attack him with kisses. It was so tempting and it seemed like their moment last night did not satisfy him in the least.

-

It was almost afternoon and a lot of the soldiers were almost ready. The titan shifters were already in form but because Levi seemed so worried about Eren, he was forced to stay in his human form. Eren felt like a kid all over again. He didn't think it was fair to have him stay safe for now just because he was 'injured'.

He found this ridiculous; he was nineteen and almost an adult so he thought maybe he didn't need so many people worrying over him. He didn't really understand why Levi was so protective. He wasn't even a prince anymore so what's the point?

He felt like they were all shining knights in sparkling armor trying to protect a treasure chest filled with only one piece of coal.

He felt like they were protecting someone useless.

Out of all people, why did The King chose Eren in particular anyways?

It wasn't as if he were the one to cure cancer, the one who would end world hunger or the one that would bring peace to the earth.

He was only a teenager, he couldn't do much since his power was taken away from him.

He knew Levi loved him because of all their shared whispers of admiration, but the same question still yelled at him inside his brain.

'Why me?'

Loving Levi came with a price; he would be shunned by his own country, probably even kill him (again) and maybe even exile him from Sina.

Hell, he didn't even ask for any of this.

He felt so sorry and guilty for thinking this way towards Levi.

You can't blame the one you love just because you had to suffer to love them in the first place because after all,

love hurt like a bitch.

The King stared at Eren for a while without even noticing and suddenly grabbed his chin so that they could have eye contact with one another. Eren's eyes looked so distant like the seas and his face was as expressionless as stone.

"Oi, Eren, are you okay? You've been holding that kind of face for a while."

"Eh..." Eren mumbled. "What face?"

"You're gawking at the distance like an idiot," Levi told him and tilted his head a little as if questioning him.

"I'm just...thinking about a few things."

"Hmm thinking about me?" he asked with a troubling grin.

"Y-you wish!" Eren snapped and felt his heart skip a beat. It was like this guy could read his mind or something.