✧48✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

After many attempts to defend himself, we both fell silent just as Sammy walked towards us from inside the house. Which was convenient since he was the very topic of our discussion.

"Do you mind helping me carry some things into the garden? My parents refuse to let anyone into the house, not even to use the toilet, until after the party is over, so we have to base everything out back."

"Of course!" I exclaimed, I definitely owed him.

I followed him and Leo into the kitchen where he had already piled up the things from the car plus other essentials.

"Oh, before I drag you out, do you guys want anything to eat? I've got some sushi. I know you've just got off shift."

He insisted that him and Jas had it covered for now and that we were only allowed to help set up once we had eaten.

The sushi was absolutely beautiful, though neither me nor Leo were sure why he had a stockpile of sushi in his fridge.

After we had eaten, Leo Led me through the back door of the kitchen and into their massive garden. It was one of those beautifully sculpted show gardens with a fountain and fish pond and stone tile paths and manicured grass.

"This is where the party is going to be?" I asked, shocked how anyone could consider letting 100 people in such a beautiful space. Someone would definitely end up with the goldfish.

Leo chuckled and shook his head, and heading for a metal gate, he said, "That's only the first garden, we're going to be in their party hosting space."

My jaw literally dropped when I saw what was through the gate. There was a half open marquee and a fire pit. And sand?

"Yeah," He grinned, "Their garden backs onto the beach."

"Fuck off."

He shrugged, "It definitely takes some time getting used to. Like I probably had a worse reaction because we were already dating when I first came here."

Leo and Jas were already in the marquee, and waved us over. "We've just finished with the marquee, and I think it looks pretty stable," He began, "Do you mind carrying the drinks and food over while we set up the tables and the electricity. Maybe start with the drinks first since we haven't plugged in the fridge yet."

We both nodded, with longs sighs, realising how many times we would have to trek between the house and garden.

We spent the next hour ferrying crates of drinks and food and a ton of water and mixers and tissues.

Theo and Abi turned up around 6:30, bringing with them a football table, which was heavily strapped down in their open boot.

Just before 7, Sammy's parents came home and cooked us a meal which Maia and Lucia joined us for.

Leo had explained to me that this was most of their close friendship group.

After dinner, Sammy showed us where we could dump our stuff and told us that we could sleep in any of the three spare rooms.

Maia, Lucia and Abi grabbed me and led me into one of the rooms to get ready with them.

They gossiped about people I didn't know but they made sure to explain all the drama to me, giving me a long list of all the people we did like and didn't like.

Lucia led about 90% of the conversation, while Maia and Abi were a bit quieter but no less chaotic. She explained that she already had about four shots on the way here, hence the bubbly conversation she was upholding.