✧18✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

"Rise and shine, wakey-wakey, get yourself out of bed my precious meatball."

I blinked. The early start made me want to cry.

"Remind me why we stayed up late." I murmured in annoyance.

"Sweetie." Nina sighed at me, remembering how active and hyper I was yesterday evening. "You were the one who insisted on having a Disney movie marathon."

"I was on a sugar high, you can't trust anything I say then and I think I have a sugar hangover. Is that even a thing?" My entire body felt exhausted, and I could feel the bags under my eyes, weighing me down on this cloudy morning.

"Well, you definitely don't look awake, I'll do your makeup today though." She offered, "It's the least I could do after feeding you all those gummy worms."

I immediately sat up at this, forcing my eyes open. There was no way I would pass on this golden opportunity.

I placed myself on the desk chair, bursting with excitement. Nina giggled at my sudden behaviour.

The brush strokes were like the touch of an angel against my cheeks. Her deft hand movements were lulling me into a sleepy mode again. Unintentionally, my eyes began to flutter closed.

Her delicate movements reminded me of the way my parents would get me to fall asleep as a baby. But to combat it, I felt a sharp poke. I glared at the end of the brush, which Nina was using to prod me every so often.

"This is not a place for sleeping." She scolded, waving the brush around.

I grumbled through my extra efforts to stay awake.

Finally, after more pokes and reprimands, she was done. I could see why she had become a makeup artist. She seemed to be made for it.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

The lobby was bustling when we went down for breakfast. Nina looked to me for an explanation for the disruption of her peaceful breakfast.

I explained to her that the boys had rented out a venue down the road from here where they would be rehearsing for their livestream concert. As a result, there was a lot of preparations going into transporting them there. Plus the excess of staff who had to be with them at all times.

Again, with so many members, everything seemed 100 times more complicated.

"The pains of having limitless members." I quoted grumpily. Though as I had stressed to Mark, I loved and appreciated every member regardless of the work they put me through.

My task today, luckily involving zero emails, consisted of a long list of things I had to check whilst the rehearsal was ongoing.

Over breakfast, made up of fruits and cereal in order to combat yesterday's sugar, Nina showed me the makeup briefs she had for the boys' showcase. They all looked insanely intricate and detailed, but I had no doubt that she would make them look stunning. I asked her if she knew which boys she would be making up, to which she shrugged, hazarding a guess at Yuta, Johnny, Taeyong and Jaehyun, her usuals.

A hand landed on my shoulder, interrupting our conversation and making me jump.

"Jiyoung, Nina, lovely to see you girls here, but Ji, dearest, I hope you know that you are leaving in seven minutes." Hajun's voice came from behind me. Despite what he had said, he wasn't angry, there was a more jovial and teasing sense to it.