✧36✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

"Do you enjoy making innocent people suffer?" Hyuck grumbled. 

"It's literally only a twenty-minute walk. You've danced longer than this." I replied. 

He fell into a pouty silence and continued to trudge beside me. 

His actions caused me to smirk as I nudged him, "Lighten up a little, you can see the beach from here." 

"Oh, wow that actually looks really cute." Renjun called out to us from up ahead.

"So does the beach in front of the hotel."  Hyuck murmured in response. 

I sighed, and explained to him gently, "Not many people know about this beach so we can have it all to ourselves."

He seemed to brighten up at that and halted his lamentations. 

Jeno and Jaemin were about twenty metres behind us, mostly due to the fact that Jaemin kept stopping to take pictures and Jeno was too kind to leave him behind.

Renjun and Hyuck grumbled beside me at their slow pace. "At least they are enjoying themselves," I rolled my eyes, not unkindly, "not like you two. Complaining and moaning the whole way. I'm surprised my ears aren't bleeding." 

"But they're taking for~ever." Renjun drew out his words, turning to look back at the other two, who had once more paused for Jaemin to take a picture of something on the ground. 

"Leave them alone." I scolded, "But you do have a point, we might not reach the beach before sunset." 

"No Jam!" Hyuck called back, "And other! Hurry up or you're going to miss the sunset. It's a good photo opportunity." 

After that, Jeno and Jaemin bounded to catch up with us, and took less frequent (but apparently still necessary) pauses. I smiled as Jaemin tried to make Hyuck and Renjun see reason, ducking my head slightly to avoid a low hanging branch over the path. 

Thankfully, before any further arguments could break out, I spotted the path hiding amongst a gap in the bushes. A minute of walking through a small, wooded area finally led us to the top of a sand dune. 

We picked our way down the sandy hill, me holding on to Hyuck's arm with my sweater paws just in case I slipped. 

Jeno's shout all had us turned to his direction, "Guys, I found a rockpool." 

His words were only the beginning of a half hour search to find crabs - Jaemin succeeding with a small blue crab, the size of a penny.  

I moved away from the boys a little, wanting to take in their unscripted joy. First and foremost, I was a professional member of staff, second, I was their friend, but thirdly I was still their fan. 

Jaemin yelped and the blueberry splashed back into the water and scuttled off.

I giggled. Jeno laughed the loudest and the other two followed suite. 

I candidly held up my phone, holding the record button to capture this small moment. Their happiness might have been as small as the crab itself, but it was real, and I appreciated that. 

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*