✧26✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Mark

Taeyong's message asking to meet at this time of night was surprising to say the least. But the way he asked, and after recent events, there weren't a whole range of things he could have to talk to me about.

I obliged his request, because I was concerned about which one of the possible subjects he wanted to discuss with me. We decided to borrow the spare room on our floor, since it was away from the members. While I trusted them, I did like to retain some privacy with them.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked as soon as he appeared in view.

He didn't speak right away, instead choosing to sit down and make himself comfortable. After knowing him for so long, I knew he was buying time to figure out how to phrase his words. Which meant it was something difficult for him to say, or something difficult for me to hear.

"I just spoke with Jiyoung about-"

I didn't let him finish, interrupting him to ask whether she was okay, leaning on the edge of bed in worry.

"Mark," He waved his hand, motioning for me to compose myself, "Jiyoung is fine. Very fine, if you catch my drift."

He accompanied this with a knowledgeable smile, making me frown in confusion. I shook my head, "No, I don't, hyung."

He sighed as though I was making his life incredibly trialling, I would've sympathised, but he also happened to be making my life rather laborious - something I detested. I preferred it when people were straight with me.

"Well, Mark, you know Jiyoung is mature and independent girl." I nodded. "And all the members have loved her so far, she has this bubbly charisma. And I would be right in saying it's her first proper interaction with the members?" I nodded once more, uncertain of where he was heading with his winding point. My silence prompted him to carry on. "And it's only fair to assume she would get close with some of the members, particularly the Dreamies, since they are close to her age."

"Hyung, get to the point."

He smiled sheepishly, "Sorry. She's a bit closer to certain members, perhaps even starting to go beyond friends."

"What!" I yelled loudly, not expecting this to be his point. "You mean she likes one of the Dreamies? In that way?"

"Mark, it's late, others are probably trying to sleep." He reminded me gently.

I lowered my voice, "Sorry. But do you know who it is?"

"Think about it Mark? What's the most logical conclusion?"

I mentally ran through the conclusions, Donghyuck? He was pretty much sworn off feelings. Jeno was taken. She and Jaemin hadn't spoken much. Renjun didn't really seem to be interested in her in that way, and Chenle and Jisung seemed friendly, but nothing more since she clearly saw them as siblings. Which led back to...

"Donghyuck?" I was shocked, there was no way I could imagine Jiyoung liking Hyuck. I couldn't deny his looks, but were their personalities even compatible? How would he have even managed to catch her?

"Are you being serious? He would never like her back."

He gave me a look, dripping in disbelief, "Mark, have you not seen them interact?"

"I mean there was the time we went to see the sunset; they were acting a bit funny then. Fuck." I realised that perhaps there had been more than I had noticed.