✧42✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

I snorted.

He pouted. "I was being serious." He whined.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just- the delivery was unexpected."

"I-"

"You know what- let's just talk. So, us, huh?"

This conversation had been long awaited, yet somehow, I wasn't ready.

"Listen, Ji. It hasn't been long by any standards. But with you I feel like myself. More so than any person has been able to. I feel like you see me beyond the shiny idol exterior, and what you do see there hasn't scared you away. I've been a bit shitty to you. I know that. But for some reason you're still here and that gives me hope. I haven't had much hope since Dabin, but with you I feel it all."

He paused. I said nothing. I was still taking in his words. Taking in what they meant. And I sensed he had more to say.

"I really like you, Jiyoung." He took another breath to steady the fast heartbeat I could feel through our close proximity. He was nervous. Just as much as I was, probably.

"You know, I can't be the perfect boyfriend," And there it was. That word. "Between my busy schedule and the fanbase we have."

"Yeah, I know." I murmured, "But I still came here. I'm still standing here. This is what I'm choosing, Hyuck, I'm choosing you. I willing to accept everything, as long as I get you."

"It should be impossible. But I've seen my other members do it and I know that if there was anyone, I'd want to try that with, it would be you."

He took a step backwards and held both of my hands, his eyes searching into mine. For truth and for something to trust.

"I want to try it with you, but it's not like you've asked me anything." I said playfully, the serious atmosphere getting to my nerves.

He cracked a half smile, reminiscent of the resident smirk that usually lived on his face.

"Lee Jiyoung, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Lee Donghyuck. I would love to."

"And now I don't need permission to kiss you, do I?"

"I don't think you ev-"

And his lips were on mine, latched on to my top lip with a new sort of hunger. His hands snaked into the base of my hair, playing with it.

I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and sucked on his lower lip. It was a pleasant surprise when his tongue grazed across my lower lip, asking for an invite. I granted him that access, not regretting that decision once.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

Hyuck accompanied me back to the hotel. He wanted to walk me to my room, but when he accidentally let slip that he hadn't packed yet, I refused and said I would walk him to his room. There was no way I would let my boyfriend miss his flight because he was unorganised.

Boyfriend. He was my boyfriend. Admittedly my first and only. But it didn't seem to matter.

He bounced along the path with the same giddiness that I had internally.

The sky was pitch black and clear; it would have twinkled with stars if there hadn't been so much light pollution from the city. I mentioned that to Hyuck.