✧15✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

"Bye Sof." I wave at the camera, face overcast. "I miss you so much."

And it was true. My friendship with her was like no other. It couldn't be replaced.

"I miss you more." She pouts, "I can't wait to see you again. Make the most of your work. I want to know absolutely everything that goes on! No matter what, you have zero excuses to not call me whenever. I will always be here with you. You understand me Jiyoung Lee."

"Yes Sofa." I reply obediently, although it was light-hearted, I could tell she truly means it, and I'm grateful for her support.

"Bye." She blows me an exaggerated kiss.

The call cuts out and I'm back on my home screen.

I tidied up the plates from the food I ordered, placing them in a nice pile and leaving them on the tray by the door. Lila from room service had promised me she would return to collect it in twenty minutes, even though that wasn't strictly part of her service.

The colour had returned back to me having finished my talk with Sofia. She had successfully managed to distract me, from the swirling abyss of thoughts. I may not be doing the right thing, but at least she gave me the encouragement to decide that for myself.

I glanced down at my hand again, it was still slightly pinker than usual, and there was a tingle whenever I touched it. It served as a reminder of how everything was not as okay as it seemed.

I cursed aloud as the same feelings surfaced in my mind.

I picked up my phone to busy my mind instead. A different sort of busy to what I wanted. But a much better one, nonetheless.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Nina

Mark looked a concerning mixture of nerves and surprise.

"Nina-noona..." She could almost hear his mind working to decipher what exactly she wanted. "Let's go somewhere quiet."

"That's a good idea." Nina muttered.

There were still a few pairs of eyes directing at the unlikely pair.

There was a small empty meeting room; they both ignored the private signs on the door and stepped in.

Nina wasn't sure how to broach the topic. It was clearly sensitive for both of them, but she needed a resolution to it, for both of their sakes.

The boy was staring at a potted plant, probably figuring our whether it was real or not, fingers dancing around his ring.

"Mark." His head snapped up a little too quickly, as he jumped.

"I'm sorry. I'm not with it right now. I guess you heard, huh?"

"I suppose you could say that."

He grimaced.

"You know you were wrong."

"I- What." He shook his head, disagreeing with Nina's words, "I had every right to warn her."

"Not that, I agree with that part. I also think she needs to be more professional." He frowned at this, not understanding, "The way you told her. Neither you nor she have said anything, but I can see she's not okay. God, Mark, what were you thinking?"

"I- I didn't think." He muttered. "How is she?"

"She was acting all rainbow and sunshine, but she isn't the best liar. I went along with it because I didn't know what else to do."