✧52✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

"You have to try it!" Sofia exclaimed, dancing about the sidewalk like an excited puppy on a lead.

"I know." I chuckled, admiring the contrast of the blue sky against the green of the leaves on the trees. Summer was well and truly in bloom, perhaps too much, I thought, feeling the warmth of my skin from the sun. August had dragged on for far too long and I was starting to tire of restless days filled with overheating. "You've been mentioning it for the past two weeks."

"I'm just excited okay? It's supposed to be really good. Like it's been all over my tiktok. Which reminds me. They're doing some sort of one day promotion so I feel like it will be busy today, so we should probably hurry up."

"And you only think to mention this now?" I complained, instinctively hurrying up.

She grinned, "I forgot until now. It will be fun though. We haven't properly gone out together in ages! Oh look, I bet that's the queue."

I looked at where she was pointing. We were still a street away from the newly opened ice cream shop, but there was a snaking line of people along the pavement.

Sofia went up to the people and asked whether they were queuing for the promotional event. Unfortunately they were, meaning it would be a long wait.

"Is it really worth it?" I sighed, lowering my sunglasses to cover my eyes.

"Yes. Definitely. I went to the store in New York and it was heavenly. I'm pretty sure I've even  dreamt about it since."

I relented to her pleas to wait in line to try some ice cream.

Half an hour passed and more people tagged on behind us while we inched forward every ten minutes. Soon the entrance was right in front of us, and only a couple of groups were in front of us.

"Those girls behind us go to our uni." Sofia whispered, facing away from them, subtly gesturing to a group of three girls behind us.

"Do you know them?" I replied.

She shook her head, "Not really, but I think the one in the green top is on my course. And I've definitely seen the blonde one with her around campus. And the third girl looks really familiar, but I can't place where I've seen her before."

"I don't think I've know them." I shrugged.

Sofia frowned, "Well I must be super influential or something because I'm one hundred per cent sure they're talking about us."

"What?"

"They keep looking over in our direction and muttering stuff to each other."

I had only been looking at them out of the corner of my eye, but it definitely seemed like they were looking in our direction too much for it to be coincidence.

"Maybe they recognise you?" I suggested. "Anyway, leave them. If they wanna say hi, they can come here and do it."

We inched forward a couple of metres over the course of the next ten minutes, and I was listening to Sofia reading out her timetable, and comparing it with my own. They had just been released and we were seeing what overlaps we had.

"Excuse me," Sofia and I instantly glanced up as the third girl was stood beside us, clearly talking to us. "Are you Lee Jiyoung?"

I glanced over at Sofia who seemed just as confused as I was. The girl seemed very familiar, but I just couldn't place where I'd seen her before.