𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Screams echoed throughout the whole third floor of the palace

Amane walked back and forth outside of the door where Nene was on the other side from. He could hear her cries and sobs. He didn't know she'd face this pain.

He wanted to go inside but he couldn't. Apparently, that would mess up the process so only Sakura was inside and Akane was making sure Amane didn't decide to let himself in.

Nene was tied down to the bed to insure that she didn't get up mid-transition and mess up the whole process.

She had stopped screaming and now was just sobbing, her teeth were bleeding due to the fangs that had forced themselves out of her gums, and her eyes felt like they were burning.

Her fingernails were fully extended which was extremely painful. Sakura watched Nene's blinking and moved to close the blinds that were just letting in a little amount of sunlight.

Yes, vampires could go out in the sun but they've only adapted to it over the year so, of course, Nene wouldn't be fully adjusted yet.

Nene's heart rate had slowed and she was breathing steadily. She closed her eyes as Sakura inspected her.

"Thirsty..." Nene's voice rasped. She looked nearly asleep. Her nails went back to normal but when Sakura opened her eyes, they were still thinned.

She went to the cooler that was in the corner of the room and took out a bag of blood. Nene instantly tried to sit up but the ties did good in holding her done.

With her still adjusting, she still didn't have her full amount of strength but the blood would give her some so it was important to keep a close watch on her when the process is complete.

Her drinking human blood completes the process.

Sakura lifted Nene's chin and brought the bag to her lips. Nene almost gagged but quickly was overwhelmed by the sweet taste and downed the entire bag.

"The process is complete."

𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

Nene rushed around the kitchen, heading toward the stove. She must have had it too hot because the skillet had set on fire.

It was a mistake trying to cook eggs without help. But she wanted to cook breakfast by herself for the first time.

It was her birthday.

"This is interesting..." Amane stepped out of their room and walked into the kitchen. Nene frowned. "I was hoping you'd stay asleep until I was done..."

He laughed. "I tried my best to but the smell of burning drove me up."

He put the fire out and quickly replaced the skillet before starting over on the eggs. "The pancakes look good," he said, "But I wish you had let me cook for you today."