𝟎𝟓| Acknowledge

"Amane, I haven't seen your blood slave yet

"Amane, I haven't seen your blood slave yet."

The amber-eyed boy raised his gaze to his father who sat across the table. It's been exactly one week since his birthday.

Since Tsukasa gave him a blood slave he did not want or need.

"I haven't either..." he muttered, slicing the piece of meat on the plate in front of him.

That wasn't completely true. He visited her 5 days ago in counting but hasn't seen her since. Of course, she didn't know. She was sleeping.

"How rude, I spent good money for you!" Tsukasa shouted from across the table. Amane rolled his eyes.

"He's right son, you should be more grateful. Besides, I'd like to see her," his father leaned over the table, resting his cheek against the palm of his hand

"Why? So you can suck her dry?" Amane scoffed.

His father didn't reply to that, instead, his mother spoke. "Look Amane...we have a reputation. If you're going to have a blood slave, you need to watch her-"

"I didn't even want her, why don't you tell Tsukasa to watch her?!" He interrupted, pointing at his younger twin.

"Hey!"

"Well he would but he was smart enough to write you down as owner. That's not the point anyway! Blood slaves need to stay around their owner or in their space."

"She's five rooms down from mine," he replied bluntly.

"Amane..." his father groaned.

Family dinner never seemed to go smoothly. Amane started to feel like his father wanted unnecessary drama. Why did he care about his blood slave out of all things?

"You can't keep her in a guest room, it sets a bad example of who we are," his father started. "If you don't want her that bad then take her back next month, you just have to keep her close and don't raise speculations that you're giving your blood slave special treatment."

Amane didn't say anything for a while after that. For the first time in a long time, he thought that they came to some sort of compromise.

"Ok."

He'll have her stay with him during the day before sending her back to the guestroom at night for a month.

And then he'll take her back to wherever she came from.

That was their compromise.

~𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞~

Nene placed her empty plate and cup on the desk before moving to the couch. She picked up her sketchbook and turned to the very first page.

She had been working on this dove for days and had to erase it multiple times. She flipped the pencil over, erasing a part of the dove's beak.

The past few days had started to make her feel like she wasn't really a blood slave. She stayed in this large room, technically had a maid, and even got free breakfast, lunch, and dinner.