𝟏𝟎| Healthy

𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖍𝖞

𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖍𝖞

"I know you don't want to do this and that it came as a surprise but maybe this is good?" Amane's mother ran her fingers through his, fixing it as she spoke.

"I don't think so," he replied with a sigh.

He had to go out with Sakura and he was not looking forward to it. "Are you not dressed too formally?" she asked looking him up and down.

"No."

She lightly chucked patting his shoulder. "Everything will be okay...maybe you'll like her?"

"I don't think so."

She gave him a sad smile and gently rubbed her hand against his cheek in a motherly way. His hand covered hers.

"Mom?" he started. She hummed in response, giving him her full attention. "Can you watch my...blood slave while I'm gone?" he asked, unsure of what she'd say or how she'd react.

"Your blood slave? Why?" she asked. "Aoi can't so she has no one to check on her today...I'm just asking if you'd pop your head in every once in a while," he rephrased.

She smiled. "Of course. I didn't know you liked her, are you planning on keeping her?" she wondered, walking with him down the hall.

"I feel bad for her," he confessed. "She has had a terrible life so far....I don't want to send her off to another vampire who will abuse her."

She nodded her head, understanding everything he said. "So you're going to keep her until Kingdom law takes her?"

Kingdom law.

There are multiple branches to kingdom law and one of those is the reproduction law.

The reproduction law is when every blood slave gets taken away at the age of 21 to reproduce. After that, They're either sent to die or put in a human labor camp.

Humans get to choose but most rather die.

The labor camp was described worse than being a blood slave in some cases.

"I'm going to make her a citizen," He turned down what his mother asked almost immediately. The law was disgusting in his opinion.

Her eyes widened. "That's risky Amane...unless she has done something to prove herself-"

"I'm not assigning her on the royal staff or something, I just want her to live the rest of her life as a citizen," he cut her off.

She slightly frowned but nodded her head. "Alright, I understand. I raised you after all. I'll check in on her today," she softly smiled.

"Thank you, mom." They stopped at the palace entrance. She tried fixing his hair again before he gently moved her hand away. "Good luck Amane," she said.