𝟐𝟒| Royal secret

Amane stood in front of the tall double doors for a long time

Amane stood in front of the tall double doors for a long time. He really was just trying to persuade himself to go inside.

He truly hated having to speak to his father about anything and now he was going to talk about calling off this engagement.

He had no plans to tell him who he would marry until Nene was a vampire. Correction, mainly vampire.

At that point, without testing no one would be able to tell she wasn't fully a vampire and by that time, his father knowing Nene was his blood slave wouldn't matter because she would show clear signs of her being a vampire.

He never looked at Nene that closely anyway.

Amane knocked on the door multiple times before taking a step back.

His father hated when anyone would 'barge' into his room, even with knocking.

He heard a hard sigh from the other side of the door before it swung open.

"What do you want?" His father asked, an annoyed look written on his face. "We need to talk," I said.

"We can later, I'm clearly busy," he said and attempted to shut the door. Amane's foot went between the door and wall before it could close completely. "Now."

He sighed heavily and opened the door wider so Amane could walk inside. Closing the door, he spoke: "What is it?"

Making his way toward his desk, he sat in the chair and slouched back. Amane made himself comfortable on the couch in the far corner of his father's room. This conversation was going to be very uncomfortable.

He figured that he might as well rip the bandaid off. "I'm not marrying Sakura," he said bluntly. "What are you talking about." His father pressed his index and thumb against his forehead.

"There's no point. She doesn't want to marry me and I've found someone else that I love," he straight up admitted.

This had his father surprised. His brows flew up and his lips parted. Shock. "You what?" he questioned in disbelief. "How...Who?"

"I've been seeing her for a while to figure out If truly liked her without you trying to speed up anything."

Not all of it was a lie. He had been seeing Nene for a while since she was his blood slave but that's all he needed to hear.

"You really didn't think to tell me any of this? You're engaged to Sakura has been announced and you stayed silent because of your petty feelings toward me?" He couldn't believe what Amane was telling him.

"Pretty much." Amane shrugged, leaning back in his seat. A sigh. His father rolled his eyes. "This isn't going to work."

He stood up and went to one of his cabinets where a stash of alcohol was. Amane quickly stood after. "What do you mean "this isn't going to work?"