𝟏𝟏 | Heart pounding

𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖕𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖕𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

"Here." Amane stopped in front of Nene, placing a magazine on the desk. She placed down her pencil and flipped the first page.

She was surprised to see a bunch of dresses just on the first page but not as surprised to see even more on the other pages.

"What...?"

"My mother invited you to the ball, right? I know you want to go, you'll need a dress," he replied.

She continued to stare at each dress in awe. "She wants it to now be a masquerade ball, so we'll also have to get you a mask."

She for some reason felt a lot better about having to wear a mask and cover her face. It would make it harder for vampires to figure out she's human.

Even though vampires can smell humans but since they might be too busy being drunk or whatever, they still might not notice.

"O-ok..." she said quietly while flipping through the pages. Every dress was beautiful it was so hard for her to pick one, but one did manage to catch her eye.

It was an off-the-shoulder dress that puffs out at the waist. The first layer of the dress was a cream color with a thin layer of black sheer over it.

The dress comes with black jeweled heels and a cream masquerade mask laced with sheer black.

It was shaped almost like a swan mask...

There were also black gloves, a silver necklace, and a headpiece.

Amane could tell by the glint in her eyes that she wanted this dress so it confused him when she started to flip the page again.

"You don't want it?" he stops her from flipping the page.

She blushed at the feeling of her hand over his before he suddenly pulled it away and cleared his throat.

It was silent for a few moments, prompting him to raise a brow. "I asked you a question," he said. She straightened up, resting her hands on her lap. "I-I do b-but it's expensive," she replied, looking at the price.

"Are you buying it?" He picked up the magazine to get a closer look at the dress she liked. "Um-"

"You're not, I am," he interrupted her. "I don't care how expensive it is, you shouldn't either. If you're going to go this I can't have you look any less than amazing," he took a post-it note and wrote down who to call for the dress.

She wasn't sure how to react to him wanting her to look amazing. Mainly because she didn't know the context of this.

She just stared at the note in silence. "If you actually find a dress you like more, that's fine, but don't worry about the pricing."

She nodded her head. "Words," he said.

"Yes, Amane-Sama..."

"Just call me Amane...when we're alone."