𝟎𝟕|Panic

~𝕻𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈~

~𝕻𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈~

Nene fluttered her eyes open, feeling extremely groggy.

It was like all the energy in her was sucked out. Her neck felt sore as she rubbed her hand over it.

"Does it hurt?"

She flinched at the sudden voice. It was unexpected to see Amane sitting at the once empty desk filled with his paperwork.

He stood up and walked to the bed where her head was.

Removing the strands of her hair from covering her neck he ran his fingers over the bite mark. "I'm sorry."

Her eyes went wide. Nobody had ever apologized to her before, especially a vampire.

"That came unexpectedly and I'm sorry about that, but me doing that was better than my father."

Nene nodded, sitting up on the bed. She felt a little lightheaded.

Her body lightly jumped when Amane slid his hand against her back. Her heart started to pick up its pace as she looked away.

Amane placed his hand on her forehead and sighed. "You still have a fever..."

Still.

He stood again and walked into the bathroom. Nene's hand went over her chest where her heart was.

She watched Amane from the corner of her eye before looking down at herself, shaking away any thoughts of him.

She was wearing a white noodle strap nightgown. Aoi probably changed her last night.

She didn't understand why Amane was here, usually, Aoi was the one she woke up to.

He walked back inside with a damp cloth. "Lay down."

She listened and laid on her back before he placed the cloth over her forehead.

"I'll order some food to be brought up here. You can stay in bed all day today if you want."

She didn't reply but just nodded her head. She watched as he ordered the chefs to bring something up for a fever.

After he came back to her with a small bottle in his hand.

He opened the lid revealing a white cream before taking some and rubbing it over her neck. "That should heal the bite mark."

When she didn't speak, he was starting to get tired of it.

"I need you to verbally reply when I'm talking to you," he said.

"Yes..." she trailed off feeling more nervous than usual. "Yes?" he repeated

"Yes, Amane-Sama..." she diverted her gaze away from his bashfully as she spoke.

He sighed, not pleased with that but decided to brush it off for now.