Chapter Ninety-Four

The castle was big, was Ink's first realization.

It was probably the biggest building Ink had ever entered, though that wasn't something impressive. Both of the two house's Ink lived in through-out his life were small- his current one just big enough to fit the four of them, and his childhood home even smaller- and the school he worked at was the smallest one in the area.

Thinking on it for a few seconds, the biggest building Ink had probably been in would be the university he went to. Even then, Ink hadn't gone to a fancy university, and it hadn't been bigger than four stories.

The castle he was in, however? At least six.

...Ink still hadn't got to the top of it yet.

After a very stilted conversation with Nightmare and Killer, both he and Paperjam immediately ran off. While it may have been smarter for the two of them to stick together, if there was one thing the two had in common, was a lack of thinking things through. So, both of them had instantly ran off in opposite directions, both desperate to get away from the frightening beings that were Nightmare and Killer.

It felt odd to admit it, but despite Nightmare being the clear leader, Ink was more frightened of Killer. He wasn't sure why- but something about that dead grin the skeleton had gave him had been far more terrifying than the powerful presence that Nightmare carried naturally. 

Maybe it was due to the fact that this Killer was an adult. An adult murderer at that. Sure, his own Killer had a tendency to 'attack first think later', but as far as Ink was aware, the kid hadn't actually ever hurt anybody. This Killer however? Well, he seemed to breathe dust instead of oxygen. 

This Killer was not only a murderer, but a proud one. That fact seemed to make it all worse. It was one thing to actually kill someone (Multiple people- hundreds maybe, if not thousands) but to be proud of it? To not care? It left a lot of silent implications in Ink's mind.

So yes. Killer frightened Ink. More than frightened him. Ink wasn't always... connected with his emotions, so to say (He thought about Pigment- and how similar they were despite their differences. Ink was better though, he had a SOUL, that had to mean something, right?) and a lot of the time, Ink didn't get scared when he should, or feel happy when he should. 

Killer was frightening despite that. He could only imagine how Paperjam must have felt at the moment. Ink knew how emotional the kid could be- much like Error, who always felt things at a hundred and fifty percent. He really shouldn't of separated from him, for all Ink knew, Paperjam could be freaking out in some corner of the castle. 

The thought made him slow down, a frown appearing on his face.

What was he doing? Not only were they in some deranged killer's castle, but Ink had also instantly separated from Paperjam as well. Who cared if Erratum said he trusted them? Erratum wasn't here right now, and all the facts were pointing in the direction of these versions of Killer and Nightmare being bad and dangerous.

(The shock of a new world was slowly fading away, quickly being replaced by a ever growing dread. They needed to get out of here.)

Ink cared for Erratum. He really did. But any fondness Ink had for the teacher couldn't over-power Ink's determination to keep his students safe. Even if Paperjam wasn't a student anymore, he was still important to Ink. To Error. He was still young

He needed to find Paperjam and get out of here.

Taking a deep breath, Ink nodded to himself. He wasn't exactly sure how they would leave- but that could be dealt with after he found Paperjam.