Chapter Sixty-Six

Pigment paused, hesitant. Erratum frowned at him, "WHaT hAPpEned AFtER thAT?" He asked, knowing asking if he was okay was useless, and probably unwelcomed. "Well, I told him who i was looking for" Pigment answered.

Dream smiled at him again, wider. He then looked back at Ink, a smile so forced that even Ink realized it wasn't real. "Well then, Ink" Dream spoke, His name sounding like poison. "You said you were looking for someone?" The skeleton asked him, still gripping onto Splatter.

Ignoring this, Ink answered happily, "Yes! Error! Well, not your Error, but i think you get what i mean" Ink rambled. Dream smiled at him, and then turned to the thirty or so skeletons who were staring at him in confusion. "Everyone, i want you to find this skeleton, and bring him here" Dream ordered. One of the skeletons, a rather short one who wore mostly red, asked, "how are we meant to find him? I mean-" The skeleton hesitated as Dream turned to look at him. "I don't care how"  Dream told the skeleton, "just find him" He explained slowly, as if he was talking to a child.

Looking back on it, Pigment now realized that the skeleton didn't care if they found Error. He just wanted them gone.

The three of them watched all of the skeletons slowly leave the room, strangely silent. Dream seemed to find this normal though, so Ink made no comment on it. He looked back at Splatter, who was avoiding eye contact with anyone. Ink gathered he must be shy, Even if his recent actions made him seem less so.

Turning back to Ink, Dream then said, "Come, we should sit somewhere, we do have a lot to talk about" Dream stated, as if it was obvious. Ink shrugged, and followed the skeleton, Splatter not far behind him.

They sat in a room, most likely a living room of sorts, and Ink's eyes flashed in recognition. The room was almost identical to one of the rooms in his own multiverse. Ink found it strange, but chalked it up to this Dream having a similar taste as his own.

They both sat on different couches; one blue, one green, while Splatter stood next to them, "Sit down Splatter" Dream said, not really paying attention to the skeleton he was speaking too. "So, Ink" Dream started, "Yes?" Both him and Splatter asked. Dream sighed, annoyed, "No not you" He told Splatter, rather unpleasantly. He looked at Ink, "I just have a few questions, that's all" Dream told Ink. Ink grinned at him, "Ask away then" He replied.

"Well," Dream said. "How about you explain this whole multiverse thing to me?" Dream asked. "Why? So you can travel across the multiverse?" It wasn't a question, It was a statement. "Do i really need to answer that?" Dream replied simply.

They both stayed silent for a minute, before Dream spoke up. "So, are you going to answer?" He questioned. Ink gave him a short and quiet chuckle, "You seem awfully eager Dream" Ink commented. Dream gave him a sharp look, and said nothing.

Erratum and Ink wouldn't know it, but Pigment gave Dream the same look back.

"You may find that I am eager with most things" Dream answered, leaning forward, slightly closer to Ink. Ink gave Dream a dramatic sigh, "It's simple really. All you have to do is fall into the void" Ink told Dream, smiling at him, while waving his hand in a dramatic fashion.

The skeletons face paled significantly, It was obvious he knew the consequences of falling to the void. Ink kept in a laugh, but couldn't help himself from grinning. "I wouldn't recommend it though. Someone like you would die from it" Ink told him, smiling wide. 

Once Dream composed himself, it was obvious that what Ink had said upset him greatly. The skeleton looked furious, more angry than he had seen the skeleton be ever since he met him. Though that wasn't much to go by, as he had only known this particular Dream for a short period of time. Ink glanced back at Splatter quickly. For the most part, he seemed unsurprised, but he could tell that Splatter felt uneasy.