Chapter Seventy

"You're a very lucky person" The skeleton said coldly to him, "Do you know what would of happened to you if I didn't need you? after what you pulled?" Yellow eyes glared at him, and the other skeleton found himself unable to talk.

This seemed to, strangely, make the other smile. "I would have killed you, I still might after this" The gloved hands of the other fiddled with the syringe in his hands. "Do you know how much time you've wasted? We're lucky the doctor's so skilled, thanks to him we can still recover from losing him" The syringe went into his arm, and he let out a hiss. 

piercing, yellow eyes connected with his own, "That hurt? Since when did something as small as a needle hurt you?" The skeleton commented, pulling it out. The skeleton then chuckled, "Oh I know, you're not used to having my attention on you anymore, are you?" He weakly shook his head in reply. The skeleton's eyes lit up in glee at the response, "We did focus on our little guest a lot, I apologize" The skeleton apologized, not meaning it.

"Though, I suppose you liked that, didn't you?" he put the syringe down onto a metal sheet, and went to the glowing blue machine in the corner of the room. He found himself tensing up, and he gripped onto the strangely, grey coloured sheet next to him. "Always so selfish, aren't you? No wonder he left without you, since you're both so similar" A beeping sound rang through the room, "That's not true" He found himself arguing with the yellow and white dressed skeleton, though his voice was quiet.

"What's not true? That you're not similar? or that both of you are selfish?" He paused as he asked him this, "I'm assuming the latter, right? Though it would be amusing to see you argue on how different the two of you are" His grip on the bed sheet tightened. "I told him too" He whispered.

The other skeleton looked away from him as he let out a loud laugh. "You told him too huh? Like that really matters" he turned to look at him again, yellow eyes dancing with amusement. "Do you really believe he wouldn't have left if you told him not to?" the skeleton started to pull the gloves of his hands, an unimpressed look on his face. "...I wouldn't ask him that" He replied, flinching when the other chuckled at his response.

The door suddenly started to open, the sound of the door creaking slamming into his head. When the door fully opened, another skeleton dressed in a clean, white lab coat entered the room. The unreadable red eyes of the skeleton bore into his own for a few seconds, before moving on. "Ah, Doctor, I was wondering when you were going to show up" The skeleton dressed in Yellow and white greeted. The doctor nodded, "Do you have it? if you do we can move onto the next stage" The doctor told him, red eyes glancing around the room, presumably looking for something.

"Of course, It's on here" The yellow-eyed skeleton replied, waving his hand in the direction of the glowing blue machine. The doctor walked over to it, along with the other skeleton, and looked at it's contents for a few seconds. "Is it enough? will we be able to do it? his voice had a slight edge to it, it sounded both desperate and threatening.

"Do you doubt me?" The doctor rhetorically asked. The other chuckled at that, and relaxed. "That's a yes then?" He reconfirmed. The doctor nodded, "Just barely. I doubt you'll be able to use it more than twice" he warned. "I see. Well, we'll be able to make due" He told the doctor, sighing. For the first time in awhile, yellow eyes went back to him. "What about him? Is there anything else Important you'll need him for?" He asked the doctor. 

"No, we've got everything we need. I'd recommend taking him with you though, you don't know what you'll find when you get there" The doctor offered his advice, glancing at the silent skeleton. The yellow dressed skeleton grinned, "Well then, Doctor. You have other things you need to do, you should leave" He ordered the doctor.

The doctor left silently, the only noise of confirmation that he left being the creaking of the door. The skeleton turned to him, smiling. "Well look at that, You are lucky, aren't you?" The yellow eyed skeleton asked him. He stayed silent, deciding it'd be best if he didn't answer. "With the machine almost finished, we'll finally be able to do it" The skeleton said, as if he didn't already know this. "If we're lucky, your little friend might be there" He told him.

He found himself tensing again, before forcing himself to relax his shoulders. "yeah, maybe" he replied. The other skeleton hummed, "Speaking of your friend... what did you call him again?" He questioned, "It was Pigment" He responded. The other chuckled, "Of course it was, you had matching names, didn't you? How cute" The skeleton said sarcastically. "Pigment and Splatter. Splatter and Pigment." He said chuckling, "What's wrong with Ink huh?" Splatter said nothing.

"Well, unlike you two, I like my name" The skeleton sat down next to him, making Splatter fiddle with the sheet again. "When I meet the other Dream, I'm not gonna be the one changing names" Dream said, a tight smile on his face.

A/N Five months huh? I think that might be a new record! I don't really have any excuse, I was just being lazy and I really didn't feel like writing. Good news, since it's the summer holidays now, I'll try to write again. 

Though honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if no one even wants to read this thing anymore, since it's been so long XD That doesn't really matter to me though, as long as I'm enjoying myself I'm fine.