XXV

'Just a little more blush!' Lily whined.

'I'm fine Lily, I want Sirius to recognize me.' Axel said laughing.

Lily smiled and backed away examining her work. Today was the day that Axel was going to become the official, Axel Black. Sirius took a deep breathe as he stood at the front of the church.

'You sure about this?' James asked.

Him being Sirius' best man it was his job to make sure he was ready.

'Absolutely.' Sirius breathed.

James stood with Sirius at the front of the church as he held his new born baby; Harry James Potter. Remus was deep in conversation with the last groomsman, Severus Snape. He grew his hair slightly longer than it had been before but he maintained his new found lightheartedness. Perhaps it was having friends and making mends with Lily that gave Snape this new rejuvenation. The music started playing and Sirius looked up. First to come down the aisle was Lily followed by Alice Longbottom, Molly Weasley and Narcissa Malfoy. James patted Sirius on the back as the doors opened once again revealing a beautifully dressed Axel. Her dress was a princess style and was simple except for the jewels on her bust.

'She's perfect.' Sirius whispered to himself.

Axel took a deep breathe and linked arms with Lucius. He had agreed to walk her down the aisle as her father had refused the invitation all together. She felt tears of joy well on her eyes as she caught sight of Sirius looking completely elated. His usual unkempt hair was slightly shorter than usual. He was wearing a simple but well fitted black suit paired with a white dress shirt and a black skinny tie. Lucius gave her a kiss on the cheek before handing her off to Sirius and going to join his wife and baby, Draco.

'You look gorgeous.' Sirius whispered as he wiped away her tears.

She smiled at him and turned her attention to the person who was going to marry them, Albus Dumbledore. The ceremony went by relatively fast in Axel's opinion until it came to the rings. She fumbled with the ring as she tried to slip it onto Sirius' finger and nearly dropped it. Flushing red she finally got it on after Sirius steadied her hand. After their vows were exchanged and a new set of tears was shed it got to the most memorable part.

'I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride.' Dumbledore said smiling.

Sirius grinned as he grabbed Axel by the waist and kissed her. He dipped her as they kissed and earned whistles from the crowd but mostly James. This was it. Axel was married to Sirius Black. She was Axel Black and no longer had to look over her shoulder for her father searching for Axel Bennett. The name was dead to her.

'What do you say we get outta this place?' Sirius whispered.

She grinned up at him and took his hand as they left the church. Parked at the bottom of the steps was Sirius' signature motorcycle with a sign on the back that read: Just Married. With the quick flick of his want Sirius charmed Axel's dress so that it wouldn't get damaged by the bike. They jumped on and smiled at Remus as he snapped a picture of them.

'Ready to go Mrs Black?' Sirius said with a smirk before he started up his bike.

'Always.' She said grabbing onto him as he kicked off and they drove down the road away from the church.