XXII

'Stupid Muggle.' A wicked woman's voice sang out.

Axel's eyes fluttered open and she saw that she was tied up by invisible ropes.

'Bellatrix, I wish to speak to the girl.' A snake like voice said.

Axel was disoriented but felt herself being dragged up a few steps before she was thrown onto the hardwood floor of the Malfoy's drawing room.

'Miss Axel Bennett, it is my pleasure to meet you.' The voice hissed.

She looked up to see who spoke and gasped. Lord Voldemort stood before her with a chilling smile across his serpent like face.

'My Lord, she is a useless Muggle just as Dolohov guessed.' Bellatrix said from the corner.

'A Muggle but not useless.' Voldemort said still barring into Axel's hazel eyes.

She was frozen in fear. What else was she supposed to do? She was a Muggle in a room full of heartless killers.

'Miss Bennett, you have caused many problems for me. Are you aware that you have caused your friends to fall at your expense? I want to abolish Muggles like you because of your ignorance. You don't care about the fact that these wizards are going to be lifeless because just as the rest of the Muggles, you only worry about yourself.' Voldemort hissed.

Axel felt a pang of guilt. Friends are going to fall at her expense?

'My Lord, he's woken.' Lucius Malfoy said entering the room.

'Bring him to me. I want Miss Bennett to watch and learn what happens to those who meddle with the Dark Lords plans.'

Lucius left the room hastily and came back dragging Sirius.

Axel let out a cry and ran for him but Bellatrix stuck her tongue to the roof of her mouth and restrained her. Sirius was still knocked out and his head was lolled to the side as Lucius set him down.

'Now, Miss Bennett, I want you to be the last Muggle I kill because you've provided me the most trouble. It truly is a shame that Mr Black must go considering he has some of the most pure blood of the wizarding world but, he is indeed a blood traitor. Lucius, wake him. I'd like to see the pain in his face.' Voldemort said before turning towards Sirius.

Axel felt tears stream down her face as Sirius' head snapped up. He was looking around the room and met Voldemort's eyes before his face changed into utter confusion.

'My Lord what-' He began.

'AVADA KEDAVRA!' Voldemort yelled as green jets flew out of his wand and hit Sirius in the chest.

Axel collapsed onto the ground and took deep intakes of breathe as she began crying uncontrollably. The only man she had ever trusted was dead. The only man she ever loved was gone and it wall all her fault. Voldemort let out a sick laugh and turned back to Bellatrix.

'Take the fool to the guest room. She might as well be comfy for her short life left.'

Bellatrix let her restrain fall and jabbed her wand in Axel's back before pushing her up the stairs.

'My Lord, I volunteer to take first watch over the girl.' Lucius suddenly said.

Bellatrix didn't think much of it but Axel felt completely perplexed. She was thrown into a grungy room and felt her tongue become unstuck.

'Be quiet or I'll cut it off next time.' Bellatrix hissed before slamming the door.

Axel collapsed onto the dirty covers and began sobbing. Sirius is gone. How could she let this happen? After minutes of crying she heard someones footsteps outside her door. She blew her nose loudly but fell silent when she heard someone fiddling with the door handle. Lucius Malfoy strutted into the room and closed the door behind him.

'Shh.' He said softly pressing a finger to his lips.

She looked at him not knowing what to do. Scream? Fight? Cry?

'Are you alright?' He whispered sitting next to her.

She shook her head and felt a new wave of tears come to her. Lucius wrapped an arm around her as a comforting gesture.

'I'm not here to hurt you, Se- I mean Seamus told me about you. He says that you can keep my family safe. I don't want my new born baby to go through what I was forced to.' He said softly.

She looked up at him, eyes red and puffy from crying. Did Lucius actually want to help?

'He's okay, I promise you.' He said still rubbing her back comfortingly.

'N-no he isn't.' Axel said hiccuping slightly.

'Axel, you need to believe me when I say he's alright. You need to be strong for him and the rest of the wizarding world.'

Axel sniffled and nodded meekly.

'I know you don't have a wand so I thought this was a pretty good weapon for a Muggle.' He said pulling something out of his inner robe pocket.

She looked in shock as Lucius handed her a gun.

'Wha-' She began.

'You need some protection, here's some pants by the way.' He said getting up and opening the dresser.

She took the large sweats and pulled them on.

'You just need to lay low until the time is right.' He said in a whisper again.

'When will I know?' She said wiping the new tears away.

'You'll just know. Hide the gun by the way, wouldn't want anyone getting their hands on it would we?' He said with a slight smile before leaving.