XXIV

'YOUR TIME IS UP AND NOW YOU WILL FACE THE DARK LORDS WRATH!' Voldemort's chilling voice said through the crisp mid march air.

Lucius was holding his wand so tightly that his knuckles were white. Voldemort speared in the middle of the deserted street and the small army marched towards him.

'I'd life to take the old one out first.' Voldemort hissed as Dumbledore stepped forward.

Dumbledore sent every spell he knew towards Voldemort but he didn't back down. To give Albus a break Lucius stepped in but was easily stupified and sent aside. Next was McGonagall then Flitwick and after him followed Slughorn. One by one the Professors were being stunned and sent crumpling to the ground. For the Professors that were too weak for Voldemort's liking he sent killing curses at them and laughed as they flopped to the ground. After Professor Sprout was sent stunned to the side Axel had enough of her standing around.

'COME TO FACE ME YOURSELF YOU FILTHY MUGGLE?' Voldemort roared.

Axel stood across from him among a sea of cursed bodies. He laughed at her and she felt a pang of regret. She was a Muggle after all, what could she do to a great wizard like Voldemort?

'I'll start with an easy curse to give you a little taste of the pain.' He said before pointing his wand at her.

'SECTUMSEMPRA!' He bellowed causing a slash to be cut across Axel's right cheek.

She sputtered as she felt herself bleeding. Regaining her composer she glared to the dark wizard.

'I'M REALLY TIRED OF YOUR CRAP, SNAKE FACE.' She called to him before reaching in her pocket.

His smile fell slightly as she pulled out her gun and pointed it at him. In one simple movement she pulled the trigger and he fell to the ground. She shot a few more times at him until she was sure he was dead.

'I did it.' She whispered to herself as Voldemort's body began crumbling into dust.

'I DID IT!' She yelled turning to face the little amount of her army left.

They all cheered as she felt herself being grabbed by the waist and spun around.

'Wha-' She said before she saw who it was.

'Sirius?' She said feeling tears reform in her eyes.

'I'm right here, Darling.' He whispered into the crook of her neck.

She hugged him tighter and saw from over his shoulder that Remus and Severus were watching them with amused looked.

'How?' She said once they broke apart.

'Poly juice, Voldemort was killing his own followers.' Remus said giving her a hug.

'I was so worried that I was the reason you got killed.' She said as Severus gave her an embrace.

'And if you were, it would all be for a good cause.' Remus said smiling.

She pulled them all into a tight group hug until Sirius broke loose.

'I need to ask you something, Axel.' He said in an uncharacteristically nervous tone.

She nodded at him and he began rummaging in his pocket. Remus and Severus were grinning at him. Axel watched just as nervously as he fumbled with whatever what in his pocket before going down on one knee. Axel covered her mouth and felt tears of joy form in her eyes.

'Axel Bennett, from the minute I met you I knew there was something different about you. When I was away from you this past week, knowing that you were hurting, it made me want to be with you more than I already wanted to. I know our relationship hasn't been exactly the way you might wanted it to have been but I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you so here I am, asking you this question; Axel Bennett would you make me the happiest man in the world and be my wife?'

Axel looked down at the diamond ring that was held in a small velvet box. She looked to Sirius who looked nervously back at her. Slowly, she nodded her head. Sirius jumped up from his kneeling position and engulfed her in a hug before planting a firm kiss on her lips.

'It's beautiful.' She said as he slipped the engagement ring onto her finger.

'Not as beautiful as you.' He said grinning down at her.

'I told you she'd say yes.' Remus said clapping him on the back.

'Congrats.' Severus said pulling Axel into a hug.

Axel walked over to the lump of robes that used to be Voldemort.

'To think that the darkest wizard of our time was killed by a Muggle with a gun.'Sirius said with a chuckle.

She smirked and leaned back again him so that his head was resting on the top of her head. As the Professors came back to conciousness they started to celebrate. Lucius explained to Axel that he apparated a still uncontious Sirius out of the house after he slipped Dolohov some Poly Juice potion. She also found out that they didn't rescue her at first  because they knew she would be able to stop him. Axel kept admiring her ring and smiling at the thought of a Voldemort free life spent with the man of her dreams; Sirius Black.