XIV

When Axel came downstairs all of the dinner guests were at the table.

'Sorry to keep you waiting.' She said taking the seat next to Remus and Severus.

'Not a problem, Love.' Sirius said smiling.

While the dinner went on she gave nods to each guest as if to say; 'He's got the mark.'

When dinner was finally done they headed to the living room to talk some more. Peter thought that sitting as close as he could to Axel was the best idea.

'Sirius, Lily isn't feeling well enough to aparate so can we stay the night?' James asked after an hour of chatting.

Sirius obliged knowing that this was all part of the plan. They would make Peter be the first to leave so they could begin planning their next part.

'I'll be going now, Seamus, care to walk out with me?' Remus asked standing up.

They all said their fake goodnights to the two before they left. In reality they were going to walk to the park down the street and wait for Sirius to scream their names. Finally, Peter left and James erupted in laughter.

'What happened with him? You came back with this mortified look on your face!' He said between laughs.

Axel glared at him and waited for Sirius to finish his yells to Severus and Remus. Once they were all there she told them the entire story, including the part where she brushed her teeth. They all stared at her for a moment before Lily spoke.

'You poor thing.'

They all nodded in unison. James and Lily left not long after they made their plan for the ministry tomorrow. Peter Pettigrew was going to Azkaban and they were sure of it.

'Remus, feel free to stay the night.' Sirius said as the four guests left drank a late night tea.

'You've already got so much happening.' Remus replied stirring in his milk.

'I insist Remus.'

'I'll take the couch then.' Remus said looking up.

Sirius grinned and clapped his hands together causing the cups of tea to disappear.

'Bed, Kids. We've got a busy day a head of us!'

Remus rolled his eyes but went up to Sirius' room where he borrowed a pair of pajamas. Severus went to the guest room and closed the door hastily behind him and Axel made her way to the master bedroom.

'You did amazing, Love.' Sirius said as he pulled on his usual white sleep shirt.

'I may have done great but I've still got that gits taste in my mouth.' She said bitterly pulling on her sweater.

'Why do you wear so much layers when you sleep?' Sirius asked.

She looked down and observed her thick sweat pants and sweater.

'Force of habit, my dad would wake me physically, the clothes shielded some of the blows.' She shrugged.

Sirius stepped towards her and pulled her into a hug.

'I feel horrible that you needed to deal with him on your own. At least I had Regulus going through the same thing as me.' He whispered as he rubbed her back.

She hugged him back and decided that tonight she would sleep with a tee shirt rather than the sweater. She had grown comfortable enough to Sirius to realize he wouldn't hurt her. She took off the sweater and smiled sweetly as he looked at her proudly.

'Since you feel more comfortable with me what about if I help you get rid of the memory of Peter's lips?' Sirius whispered as they got into bed.

She looked at him quizzically as she rested her head on the pillow. He simply smiled and planted a soft kiss on her lips. He wasn't going to be to rough because she was still fragile, she was just learning to trust again. She smiled at him and snuggled into him. Wrapping his arms carfully around her, she fell asleep. He smiled to himself as the calm figure of a sleeping Axel Bennett layed in his arms like the child she never got to be. He moved some of her loose hair out of the way and kissed her forehead before letting sleep take over.