XX

After everyone was caught up it was once again time for the four of them to head back to their hunt. Another month passed and they didn't make their move to find the other Horcruxs, instead they created a plan.

'Are you sure splitting up is the way to go?' Axel asked nervously as Remus slit their supplies in two piles.

'It'll be harder for them to catch us if we're in groups. Once you've found your assigned iten we'll meet at James and Lily's.' He replied.

Axel paced the tent and went over all that she had in her mind. She was going after Ravenclaw's Diadem with Sirius as Severus and Remus were to hunt down Hufflepuffs Goblet.

'It's going to be alright.' Sirius said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Since their night in Godrics Hollow they had stayed abstinent. They didn't officially say they were an item but based on the fact that they both dropped the L word, it was a good sign. Sirius practically begged for her to kiss him and she loved seeing him beam when she finally caved. She let out a sigh and leaned her head of his shoulder.

'What if we can't save everyone? Regulus is already gone.' She whispered.

'Look at me.' Sirius said grabbing her shoulders.

She looked up at him and he furrowed his brow.

'Whether or not we can save everyone, you've changed my world for the better and I don't want you to forget that.' He said resting his forehead against hers.

She closed her eyes and pulled him into a hug. Somehow, even in the hardest of times, Sirius had a way of making her relaxed and unworried.

'You know the plan.' Severus said before he grabbed Remus' shoulder and they apparated away.

Sirius intertwiened his fingers with Axels and they apparated just outside of the Hogwarts gates.

'Dumbledore knows we're coming, right?' She asked as Sirius psuhed the gates open.

He nodded and they continued their trek towards the castle. Once they were there they were greeted by Professor McGonagall.

'Mr Black-' She said with a nod before turning to Axel.

'Axel Bennett.' She said smiling as Minerva shook her hand.

'I believe it's Mrs Black.' Sirius said smirking stupidly.

He still thought that the story about the hospital was the funniest thing ever. When they crossed the path of people they weren't trusting of he always referred to Axel as his wife. Minerva raised her brows.

'Mr Black, I wasn't aware you were ready for commitment.' She said smirking slightly.

Sirius grinned and puffed his chest out before he spoke.

'Well, Minnie, I am now.' He said before sidestepping around the shocked Professor.

Axel giggled to herself as Sirius guided her towards the marble staircase. Sirius had finally admitted to her that he was quite the ladies man at Hogwarts but she didn't find it much of a surprise. He was tall, muscular and not to mention, handsome beyond compare. Since he's met her however, he admitted that he only had his eyes on her.

'Room of requirement? I wish I had this in my time.' He said as they climbed onto the seventh floor.

Axel raised her brows at him and he smirked down at her.

'Of course it would just come in handy if you came here.' He quickly covered up.

They walked past the wall three times and thought hard about what they required, Ravenclaw's Diadem. Finally, a large metal door appeared. Sirius let go of her hand and pushed open the doors. He took a quick look around before beckoning her forward. They began searching the room until Sirius saw it.

'Axel, you're smaller than me so you grab it.' He said as he eyed the velvet box on a high shelf.

'It's closer to your height than min-' She began before he scooped her up and lifted her easily towards the Diadem.

She laughed and grabbed the box. He settled her down but still had his hand rested on the small of her back.

'Now where do we go?' She asked admiring the crown.

'Severus taught me a trick that I've always wanted to try out.' Sirius said smirking.

'What trick? Is it part of the plan?' She asked hastily.

'You'll see and yes it's part of the plan.' He said leading her out of the room.

'What part of the plan is it?' She asked looking up at him.

'The part that we need to find a place to stay the night for the least amount of money.' He said as they landed on the ground level of the castle.

She sighed and followed him. Since Axel has gotten to know Sirius she realized it was better not to ask questions. They walked into the small city of Hogsmeade and Sirius lead her towards the Three Broomsticks.