XXIII

It had been a week since Axel's imprisonment began. Lucius would stop by and give her updates on Severus and Remus every few days but she still felt an empty hole in her heart where Sirius was.

'We've got two new additions two the list.' Someone called from the main level.

Axel had learned to zone out the obnoxious voices of the Death Eaters throughout her stay but today it was much different. It was just before sunset when her door swung open.

'Get up you insolent Muggle.' Bellatrix hissed.

Axel got up and was dragged down the stairs by the deranged woman. She avoided going downstairs at all because every time she did she thought of Sirius. She'd gotten nightmares every night and felt even worse when she woke up and found the usual occupied space next to her empty.

'Miss Bennett, haven't seen you in a few days.' Voldemort said taking her hand and kissing it with his serpent lips.

She glared at him before Bellatrix pushed her into a chair. During meals Lucius smuggled her food as she refused to eat or go anywhere near the Dark wizard.

'I've got a little bit of a surprise for you today Miss Bennett.' Voldemort said once her tongue was firmly glued in place at the roof of her mouth.

She sat up a little straighter. What if he was letting her go? What a fool, as if he would.

'We've found the other two dunderheads who have been rippling my plans.' He said with an evil glint in his red eyes.

Axel's own eyes almost landed on the floor of the drawing room with the shock that spread through her. No, this couldn't be happening. Remus and Severus were probably just safe somewhere and Voldemort got the wrong guys.

'Rodolphus, go get them.' He hissed.

The broad shouldered man in the corner hastily left the room with his Masters orders. He returned a moment later with Remus and Severus. Axel's heart broke as the two unconscious wizards were awoken. Voldemort let out a wheezy laugh before he sent the curse their way.

'Is the foolish Muggle crying?' He hissed when Axel let out silent sobs.

'Lucius, bring me Dolohov.' He snapped.

Lucius looked at Axel before replying to Voldemort.

'Dolohov hasn't been seen since we retreaved Mr Black and Miss Bennett.'

Voldemort's face dropped from a smug smile to anger.

'And this is the first time I am hearing this because?'

Lucius reached in his packet and flicked his wand. The room was filled with gray smoke and Axel knew that this was the sign she was waiting for. Lucius began sending killing curses to the Death Eaters entering the room before grabbing Axel's hand and apparating out of the house.

'How much are left?' Axel panted as she landed in the main street of Hogsmeade.

'I wiped out a bunch before we left. I think the only one left is him.' Lucius said grabbing the stitch in his side.

Just then a flash of black smoke came over them and a booming voice called.

'YOU DARE ESCAPE THE DARK LORD!'

They stopped in their tracks and looked around. Voldemort was nowhere to be seen yet he could be heard clearer than day.

'I GIVE YOU TEN MINUTES TO GET A PLAN TOGETHER AND THEN I SHALL ATTACK!'

Axel and Lucius ran towards the Hogwarts grounds and were greeted by a crowd of worried students.

'It's happening.' Dumbledore said to the other Professors.

They all nodded and guided the students to safety.

'Are all of the Horcruxs taken care of?' Axel asked Lucius.

'Yes, the only part of his soul left is the one within him.' Lucius said nervously.

Axel knew what she needed to do. She gripped the little amount of items in her pocket and marched onto the grounds.

'Axel, it's just him we need to face. He's got no more followers, they know he's going to fail.' Lucius said running towards her.

She took deep breathes and watched as the adults shot protective spells around the castle. They had one minute and Axel didn't have the answers to what was going to happen. The books were useless now and her three best friends were gone because of her.

'Ready?' Lucius whispered as they lead the pack of teachers towards the gates.

'Always.' She said with a slight smile.

If today was going to be her last day she was happy to say that she would die trying to make the world a better place. She marched next to Lucius and opened the iron gates into Hogsmeade.