"You're the best, you know that, right?"

Hyein jokingly flipped her hair, "I know, I'll pretend you said that not because I'm getting you a banana milk,"

The door closed. Haerin was alone once again. We are all aware of death, she knows it will come and she's been waiting for it.

We are all condemned to death. No one knows when exactly the inevitable will approach but it is inescapable.

Hyein's smile turned into a frown soon as she left the room, she's not ignorant, she knows what Haerin meant, she knows this is the latter's way of saying goodbye

With heavy steps, she felt numb walking away from the hospital room, she went to the vending machine and stood there for awhile, her mind went through every corner of her brain where she stored the memories they had together, her fingers froze at the button, what was she going to get again?

She didn't know, so, she sat down and hugged herself, she cried. There's a certain level of tiredness that equates to insanity; for Hyein it's when she'd like to temporarily dislocate her spirit from her body, as if to ask God to take her out for just a short while, let her souls go to wherever souls go.

She's a fairly brave person, she is, but sometimes she just don't wanna feel this enormous and excruciating pain that she's been bagging for a long time now. She's so worn out.

Hyein cried as if her brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of her every pore. From her mouth came a cry so raw that even the eyes of the strangers around her were suddenly wet with tears. It was more than crying. It was the kind of desolate sobbinb that comes from a person drained of all hope

It was only in the stillness of the late evening that Haerin could hear Hyein's lament. She covered her face with her hands and shed tears as quiet as she can.

Haerin stared at the ceiling blankly, then came a defeaning silence. Hyein's wails suddenly disappeared like it's been cut out.

The door of her room opened, she didn't bother to peer on them for she was too tired. Her brain keep asking her to rest, find somewhere warm and cozy, and stay there.

"Right on time,"

Haerin's breath hitched. All of her strength came back in an instant and she strung up.

Eventhough the lights were dim, she recognized that silhouette througly. Even the voice is very distinct, it's impossible for it to be mistaken for someone else's

Her eyes brimmed with tears as the figure approach and sat beside her. The distance was so close, and the moon shone brightly at the person's face.

"Kai," She called softly.

He put his hood down, and with Haerin's shaking hands, she cupped his face just to confirm that she's not dreaming. She then engulfed him with a tight hug.

And hope arise for the second time

"Is.. is she with you?" She slowly moved away

There was something different with Kai. Haerin couldn't pinpoint if it's because of the way he looks or if it's because of his glassy eyes... they were lifeless, glazed and emotionless.