Chapter Sixty Six

Start from the beginning

"You're right I'm not Arilynn" I say before walking around to the side of the car she now stood on in her white cardigan.

"I'm going to miss waking up to the smell of fresh coffee, and your handsome face" she says reaching up and draping her arms over my shoulders.

"You'll see me in a few days. Also I'll miss you while you're gone, but when you get back hopefully I've done something useful in those few days" I muse and she just softly smiles.

"Bring friends over for a dinner at least one night then we can go somewhere overseas together, just us".

"Sounds fantastic" I mutter, "away from people".

"Introvert" she laughs and I just nodin affirmation.

"I love you, now go have fun" I say leaning down and pressing my lips to hers and feeling her smile against my lips.

"I love you too mi amor".

We then separate from one another and I lean against my car while watching her go before the airport attendant starts to come down the line of cars to write tickets for those who have been here too long.

Not going to fucking be me.

Walking around my car I quickly got back in, and pulled out of the spot before speeding off to go back through Boston.

As I left the airport and was reintroduced to the bridge that led me back into Boston central I heard my phone buzz and picked it up answering only as I was in a clear lane.

"Hello" I say as I set it with the screen down on the top of the dashboard.

"Nathan, I was thinking we could have a get together all of us including your sisters and Yana. I also found something out that could be of interest to you" Lucian says through the phone.

"Yeah sure, also what kind of interesting thing?" I ask looking at my phone fore brief second before changing lanes and drumming my fingers on the leather.

"I know why Natalia is fully back, Yana told me about the whole theory thing you two had going on, that plan to help take down the Winters is a lot bigger then we think. It's been planned for a long time, now the other pieces aren't know but there is this think about taking out the ones that will make the Winters members paranoid and on edge" Lucian says.

"You know that how?" I pry speeding up slightly.

"I hacked a network that Natalia had been using and now I know what the plan was. She wanted you to be broken, she wanted to expose you for who you are deep down".

"And what's that?" I grit wishing there were details that Lucian would just tell me, though my frustrations were with this plan that Natalia and whoever else concocted to take down or tarnish my family.

"Carrick De'Vincent was tool in this plot, it's large is all I got to know there have been others involved and sooner or later it's going to end with you. You're father couldn't be messed with but because you are so new to the amount of responsibility, and because you had a different upbringing. My guess is they are going to try and show the world the opposite side of you. To see if you really are the softer version of Adrian".

"I swear to god I will find a way to bring hellfire down on whoever plans to do that to my family" I seethe gripping the steering wheel tighter then I thought I could.

"I suspected that. Also people are always going to be coming after your family, they made enemies, we all did which is why it will likely extend to us in a way. We all have to be ready for that".

"Can I be honest with you Lucian?" I ask.

"Yeah of course mate, you're like my brother lay it on me" Lucian says.

"They aren't wrong, I'm the protector, I'm not the devil of New York. I never will be able to have a reputation like that, and I understood that a long time ago, but I am not going to let any one of you get hurt. So if this gets big, I need to trust you to have my back, and no one else can know, I don't want my sisters worrying, or Chloe, or any of the boys".

"You want to know something Nathan. Your father terrifies people because he is Adrian Winters because he has been willing to fight for the things that were important to him, but he is also one cold motherfucker. I know he's my uncle but it's true, I've never met someone so ruthless outside of him. You on the other hand fought people because they were threats to those that you care about, the four towers in New York that's going to always be Niles, Ambrose, Harrington, and Winters. So if we're taking some down it's going to be all of us together" Lucian says as always being the motivational one.

"We're your family mate, so if that mean's we are taking down Natalia Skye, and seeing where this scheme goes then I guess that's what we're going to do, but you can always count on my to have your back on this one. Especially Arilynn, that girl is smart, and knows you pretty well, who else has given you peace of mind, but also made you feel this safe outside of family. Name one person".

I was silent for a moment as I tried to do so. I couldn't, I was completely and utterly unable to do so, because all of the other relationships I'd had were effort which was fine, in all fairness they were mutually separative but then when I thought about Arilynn, that was girl who had never given up, and never judged me when finding out more and more about me, my family even accepted her, and even though I was aware that she knew my faults, she didn't weaponize them.

"I can't Lucian" I admit with an exhale and he hums in a knowing fashion.

"Exactly, she should know if anything goes wrong, because she is definitely just as clever as the two of us".

"Calling my girlfriend clever to her boyfriend, that's ballsy" I remark.

I then heard Lucian snort before the sound of him shifting gears could be heard as his phone picked up the earsplitting downshift of whatever he was driving.

"You know what I mean, also don't mind me my car is getting a maintenance check, and the dealer is letting me test drive a CGT" my close friend says.

"Sounds nice, my dad has one, though I'm pretty sure he almost totaled it the summer that he was seventeen" I say.

"Yes, he still has it, does he not".

"Yeah, he taught me how to fix cars using that one since he maintains almost all of his cars by himself".

"Fair enough, I doubt you'd trust anyone else aside from yourself for your cars either" Lucian teases and I just shake my head.

"Shut up Harrington, don't expose me like that" I mutter before getting off on an exit down to the streets below.

"Well no one else can hear us, so it won't damage your perception. Still though, come over to the house, and we'll all just have a good night, we can worry about your first ex girlfriend trying to cause trouble another day" he says and I just smirk.

"Gladly, be there in twenty" I reply before speeding up so that I could get to the house within the time constraint I gave myself.

"See you then" Lucian says, hanging up a few seconds after and leaving me to break the law on my way to go see my friends.

A long chapter yay, I like writing long chapters which is funny because most of the time I don't think they will get to be as long as they always do. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace