Chapter 14 (Kidnapping and the Police)

It's been 3 days since I didn't really saw Wednesday often. The last time she had said something about it that she needed my help with something, I didn't quite understood it but well who knows. I sat normally in my room to solve my tasks and then be able to go to Isa until my door suddenly opened and I only noticed one hand grabbed my arm and pulled me with it. Only after a short while did I realised that it was Wednesday.
„Where do you want to go?"
„You promised me something..."
„Yes...?" I hesitated a little because I wasn't sure where exactly that led. She still ran out towards the forest holding my arm before she stopped in front of a small hut, quickly pulled me in and closed the door. I only stared at her until I saw Tyler tied up on a chair from the corner of my Eye.  „Wednesday! What are you doing?" I just stared at her. „He is the monster! And I will prove it!" When she said that, she grabbed a taser and before I could react, she already shocked him. I was like solidified and couldn't do anything about it.... „We have to hurry! The others are about to get Weems!" I was speechless because she knew exactly how close Larissa and I were to each other and now she dragged me into something like that? I promised her that I would help her but I didn't know what...I didn't expect that! Just as she was about to move out to Taser him again, I grabbed her arm to stop her. Just as she turned around to me, the door suddenly opened and Sheriff Galpin and another policeman came running in and dragged us out. It all went so fast that I had no idea what exactly happened except that I heard the voice of my lover screaming something. I didn't even looked after her....

Wednesday and I sat in Larissa's car, in front of us Sheriff Galpin drove towards the police station. The trip was long and tough it was very quiet and uncomfortable. I didn't wanted to say anything and certainly didn't wanted to discuss with Larissa. Arriving at the guard, Sheriff Galpin and a colleague from im took us into a room and asked us out. I didn't say much and told everything that had happened from the moment Wednesday entered my room to the arrest but Wednesday didn't say a word! She remained silent and refused to say anything because she and both I knew that no one would believe it. Through a window that went to the hallway I could long for Larissa sitting there and waiting...

We were let go again because Tyler didn't wanted to do anything about it. When we got out of the room Wednesday went to talk with Tyler and Larissa grabbed my hand and took me aside. „WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?" She screamed at me and tried to make eye contact but I couldn't even look her in the face. „IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH THAT SHERIFF GALPIN HATES OUR SCHOOL AND STUDENTS ANYWAY BUT THEN KIDNAPS HIS SON!" I only realised from her voice how angry and disappointed she was at the same time. „TALK TO ME!"„Do you really think I would do something like that..?" I whispered that because I was a little disappointed that she really thought I would do something like that. „WHAT?" She felt more and more angry but I had to suppress the crying... „DO YOU REALLY THINK...?" I now also started to half a shrine where I could no longer suppress my tears and began to cry. I finally looked into her face and she was still visibly angry but also a little shocked because she probably didn't expected me to scream back. „I..that I would do something like that?" I didn't knew what to feel because I was disappointed and afraid to lose her. I looked at the floor again and cried more and more. She approached me and tried to hug me but I took a step back. „Darling?..." I didn't reacted to it even though she sounded worried instead of angry but I turned around and went to Wednesday who stood by Tyler.  None of us said anything. Larissa tried to talk to me or Wednesday all the way back but she kept saying the same thing and I didn't responded to it. I just looked out the window and saw from the corner of my eye that she kept looking at me in the rear-view mirror.

Back in Nevermore, Wednesday ran into her room, which I also wanted to do but I didn't even get to it because Larisa grabbed me by the hip and pulled me into her office. She closed the door right behind me. „Darling..." „WHAT?" I didn't really wanted to yell at her but there was no other way because I was hurt by the thought that she would trust me to do such a thing and that she would kicke out Wednesday from school. „DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO HIM OR ANYONE?"... „Talk...don't talk to me like that..." „WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, ISA? YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT AFTER ALL THIS..." Now I started crying again and leaned against the wall behind me and slowly sat down on the floor. „I know you would never do such a thing..." She sat down in front of me and slowly put her hands on my knees. I didn't pay attention to her but only stared at her hands. She slowly raised a hand and put it on my cheek. „I'm sorry for what I said!" „I know..." I just answered and laughed briefly. I slowly looked up at her and saw that she herself cried a little. She put her hands on my hip and slowly pulled me to her until our faces were only centimetres apart. I put my arms around her shoulders and we hugged each other for a moment before she slowly let go, wiped tears out of my face with her thumbs and gave me a gentle kiss.

We lay down together on the sofa in front of the fireplace and only cuddled for a while until the door opened jerky and Wednesday came in....