Chapter 8 (The Raven...)

I didn't know how to interpret it so I thought the worst and started crying easily. I just stared at her and she stared at me. After a short moment, she slowly came to me, took my face in her hands and said "I will never leave you alone". She came closer and gave me a gentle kiss after that she took me in her arms. "You know that we.." she began to say. „I know it shouldn't be noticed." I said, looking at her with a slight smile and she also smiled. We sat  at the fireplace together for a while, talked a bit and clarified everything. I woke up early and was confused because I didn't realise when I fell asleep or where I was because my room was certainly not...I sat down half overslept and tried to get something done at least properly to recognise where I was, a voice said something I recognised the voice it was Larissa but I didn't understand what she said.

As I slowly got it. I realised that it was her room and she stood in front of the bed and looked at me.  "Well!" She said with a smile on her face that immediately put me in a good mood. „Do I want to know?" I asked, she laughed briefly at.  "You fell asleep when we talked yesterday." I got up and got dressed because it was the Raven Ball day but we still had lessons. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and quickly went to the classroom. After class, everyone only talked about tonight and who went with whom and who had which dress. I didn't really listen because I wasn't really interested.  „Y/n? And?" Enid looked at me and I had no idea what she had said "What?"
„And? Is your person coming to the ball with you?" I was just looking forward to saying yes when I remembered that it would be a little bit obvious if I said yes and then stood by Ms.Weems. "No! "No! Unfortunately not.. „ I at least tried to sound a little  bit "sad". "And the letter?" Enid asked me, Wednesday looked at me first and at her  "Enid!" She just said and Enid became quiet. „She said the person said no and probably also with the letter!" Wednesday seemed strange so very strange. „Are you okay??" I looked at her but she got up and left.  „ She had to ask Xavier and then cancel because thing  had asked Tyler for her." Enid said when she saw her go.  „I know we talked about it ..."
„OH! Yea sorry she is just.. i dont know.. maybe confused?"

It was only 1h until the ball started! I bought a dress that was knee-length a while ago. I had never worn it so I took that it wasn't particularly eye-catching but good enough for the ball. I got ready and then waited in front of Enid's and Wednesday's room for the two until Fr.Thornhill came. „Oh! Y/n? Are you waiting for the two?" She asked me it wasn't as obvious as I thought. „Yes, yes!" Was all i said, then the room door opened and both came out.  „Wow! Wow!" Was all we said about it. "Fr.Thornhill? What do you want?" Wednesday asked directly.  „I wanted to accompany you!" When she said that we looked at each other because it sounded so forced friendly... Anyway, we went with her to the ball where Tyler was already waiting for Wednesday and the mayor's son for Enid.

The two went in and I slowly followed I looked for Larissa until I heard from the side.  "have you seen Ms.Y/n?" There she was I went to her and just stood up to it.  "know Y/n has no accompaniment." said Fr.Thornhill to Ms. Weems  she looked first at her and then at me. I had to smile briefly until Larissa said "I can keep you company!"  When she said that, she smiled slightly, I could have sworn that there was such a slight flirt tone and turned red but Mrs.Thornhill apparently didn't hear it and went over to 2 students. We stood a little on the edge so that she could have a good view of every student and the moment she was probably sure that no one saw us, she put her arm around my hip. I got closer to her. I couldn't stop looking at her. „You look amazing.. as always..but today.." i looked up to her eyes. As she started giggling softly. „Darling! Look at you...your so beautiful!"

I stood very close to her, which nobody found strange anymore because there were many people and some also made room for dancing. I felt so comfortable and safe next to her. We watched Wednesday start dancing, which initially looked unusual, gradually became kind of cool. "I'm proud that she's getting out of herself." Larissa said and watched Wedensday. „Yes! She was so cold and.. and now she is still cool but brings over more emotion that sometimes you may not believe". I looked up at her when I said that, which is why she now looked at me and we both committed to smile. „it's nice with you..even if we're standing only here" I leaned my head against her. „Yes! Even if I would like to dance with you." She had such a slight smile on her lips that drove me crazy.
Everyone had fun and it was a great mood until it started to drip from above, first slightly and then more and more. Nobody knew what was lost or what it was because it seemed as if the water sprinkler went on but instead of water it was red! When it really started to rain down, many people got scared and just wanted to get out of why panic quickly broke out and everyone ran and pushed everyone. I still heard how wednesday said that it was only colour when suddenly Larissa started screaming next to me.

„ Hey! Hey! Calm down.. it's just paint.."I said and took her hands to at least calm her down a little. She hugged me from behind with both arms and we waited and made sure that every student came out safely. Meanwhile, we were both completely red and wet, the hall was empty and the sprinkler stopped. Larissa took my hand and ran off at a fast pace i realised that she was angry and that very much! Trust me, I wouldn't have stood in her way!. She ran to her office, which Fr.Thornhill, Wednesday and Enid were already in front of it. She unlocked the door and we all went in. „Who was that??" You realised she tried to come across nicely but her sound said something else! Enid looked at her and began to cry lightly "I.." she said quietly but still understandable. „That's not true! It was the son of the mayor!" Said Wednesday and was briefly hugged by Enid. "Ms.Thornhill would you please be so nice and accompany the two to their room?" She slowly turned red on her face with anger but still tried to look kind of nice.  „Am I getting kicked out now?" Enid asked her but Ms.Weems just shook his head and Mrs.Thornhill left the office with Enid and Wedneday.Larissa ran up and down in the room for a while until she stopped and looked at me.  " lets go!" She literally screamed in a dominant tone.., she took my hand and went with me to the car. „You know that we are completely wet and full of colour? And is it late?" She just looked at me and made a head movement that made me know that I should get in. I watched her start the car and drive off. I didn't understand anything anymore.

„The mayor will surely know where his son was today! And I know where he is every evening!.." She screamed that, literally all I did was sitting quietly next to her because if would have said anything wrong, I could certainly have run back and we were already a good while from Nevermore away! She drove directly to the cafe where Tyler worked and she was right he was at a table, all alone with his computer and drank a coffee. „Do you know where you son is?" We stood at his table with the red clothes and still wet. "Ms.Weems?" He got up and stood in front of her. „Where is you son?" But suddenly she asked him not quite so kindly anymore. At that moment he and his friends came in and laughed all together but when they saw us, this laughter quickly passed them!
„What did you do?" He ran towards the boys and gave them an angry look. His two friends behind him still laughed and joked about the fact that real blood was too expensive for us and that you had been revenge for the well of the fire. The mayor didn't say anything about it, he just shook his head and was visibly disappointed in them. „You will apologise all 3! And there will also be consequences!" From then on, the boys began to blame each other. Of course, no one wanted to be responsible for why he packed all 3 and wanted to bring them home. „I'm really sorry! They will pay for the damage and if you need help to clean something, let me know, I know those who need it!" He said to Larissa before he drove away with the boys. When we were back in Nevermore, it was already at night and everything was quiet. She was obviously still angry and tense.

„Do you want to talk?" I asked her  as we got out of the car and probably tore her out of her thoughts that she twitched briefly and then looked at me first. She just smiled and took my hand and we went to her room together. We freshened up, changed and lay down together on the bed. „Is everything alright?" I asked, she took a deep breath in and out. „Why? Why? He was so nice and it seemed as if he had fun with Enid."
„I don't understand it either...but we can't change it anymore!" I leaned over her so that my face was over her and kissed her, she returned the kiss and at some point she had fallen asleep.