29. Wedding Bells

DEV's POV:

Mithra was in another surprise as we started for our next destination. We were heading to Slovenia for the next two weeks. Our flight from Seychelles was about 12 hrs. I had booked our company flight for privacy and comfort. Landing in Slovenia was a blissful affair. We were braced for the cold, and the chill the city had to offer.

"This is so beautiful Dev." Mithra whispered in awe.

"I thought you were here? Before?" I teased, knowing that she hasn't visited this place.

"No, I have been to Switzerland for a business trip but not here. This is so beautiful." She exclaimed, her eyes on every sight.

"Not more than you." I teased, when she gave me a stink eye.

"Come on, let's head to our hotel." I ushered her into the car waiting for us at the airport. We landed in Ljubljana airport and then headed to Elegance Hotel where our reservations were made. We were to rest for the day and our adventures started tomorrow.

The weather was chilly enough and the shift from Seychelles to Slovenia was clearly visible. We had decided to rest the day we landed and then continue our adventure from the next day.

The new morning brought us up with a warmth and thrill never like before. We had decided on hiking in the Logar Valley, taking a chance to enjoy nature at its rawest. The mountains were clad in white, with the greenery peeking through them, giving us a glimpse of how majestic they were once upon a time. Horse riding, cycling and dinner by a campfire were the perfect way to end our day.

We had taken off to Bohinj valley to enjoy the national park and the lake there. A serene boat ride in the lake followed with barbeque by our personal chef, while we snuggled into the warm blanket stealing slow, long kisses was the best time I could ever imagine. We had also been to Bohinj village to see and taste cheese making. It was an experience new to both of us and Mithra's face of awe and delight were the highlights of the day. Our days were filled with adventure and amusement while nights were fed on warmth that our bodies had to offer the other. Somehow down the line into our marriage, we had turned each other into insatiable beasts for each other, making us long for the presence and companionship. 

We spent the rest of our days shopping and enjoying our last few days of an escape before we had to retire to our usual monotonicity. 

MITHRA's POV:

We were back from four weeks of our trip, something I have never done in my life. Dev must receive an earful for this. And I still couldn't understand how I was granted such a long leave.

"Where are you lost? Our trip? I know I made it memorable enough, but do you still wanna enjoy it for some more time?" Dev asked, coming out of the closet, looking like a model, set for the runway. He had a meeting with his therapist, as he had promised.

"Aren't you a bit overdressed for the occasion?" I asked, eyeing him.

"Overdressed? I seem to look fine I guess." He cheekily replied, making me roll my eyes at him.

"Are you seriously on board with this, don't do it for me! I shall still be fine with it. The call is yours, baby." I said, trying to fix his imaginary collar. He held my wrist, calming me. Why the hell was I nervous in the first place?

"I am fine. You look more worried. Do you want to accompany me?" He asked, sitting on the bed and wearing his shoes.

"No. I am fine at home. Anj has forced me to spend time with her, and that is long due. You can take DJ to accompany you." I said, heading downstairs with him. Anj was already seated on the sofa, frowning at her phone.

"Hey Anj." I called out, making her snap out of her focus. Her smile appeared, making Dev chuckle at our unspoken book.

"Hey Mithra. Hey Bhai. I hope I am getting Mithra all for myself." She cheekily glanced at Dev, before coming forward to hug me.

"Yeah, yeah. She is all yours for the next four hrs. After that, she's mine." Dev retorted, before he waved us a bye and headed towards the therapist's office.

"So, what are you up to today? And what's this urgent meet-up, greet up about?" I asked, sinking on the couch.

"Arjun has proposed marriage and I have agreed." I raised my eyebrows at her. This wasn't new. Arjun had discussed his plans of proposing to her again and I was the only person to know.

"I know that, you are obviously aware of it, but we need to plan the wedding. I want a simple one like yours and you need to convince baba about it." She said, getting up from her seat and sitting beside me.

I wrapped my arm around her pulling her close. She snuggled into my side and visibly sighed.

"Are you okay? Are you happy?" I asked, my fingers absentmindedly caressing her hair.

"Yeah, I am. It's not even fair to keep Arjun waiting. He has waited long enough. He also needs to know how it feels to have a wife. He also needs to taste the essence of married life." She cheekily giggled.

"I am sure he has tasted you well, what else is needed for him?" I retorted for which I earned a hard punch on my shoulder. Anj looked away being a blushing mess.

"Let's work on the dates and dresses first. We shall hold your wedding here, in our house. Everything shall be arranged here for the wedding. Sangeet, Haldi, Mehendi shall be together on a day prior to the wedding. And post the marriage, a grand reception for the world. Done? The next day, we shall visit Ashray and spend the day there. Okay?" I asked, quickly making a list of the things that ended to be done.

"You are the best baby." She kissed my cheek and hugged me. "Can we skip the reception? I am still not understanding the need for something so lavish and pomp. If it was up to me, I would have never accepted something like that." She pouted as if it was a sin. I chuckled at her antics. She was a perfect dramebaaz.

"Dada, is a big shot so are all of us. We need to do something of that kind. Kinda mandatory baby." I said, thinking of all other possibilities that can replace a reception.

"I think bhabhi is pregnant." She suddenly said, making me pull away. "Yeah, I think I saw pregnancy tests in the bin when I went to spend time with her. I am ot sure yet, but I think we are going to get some news soon." She said, making me smile wider.

"You know, we can double that happiness." She added, and I know what she meant.

"Yeah, definitely, the news of your marriage is gonna be the news of the house. Ma and baba, shall definitely go gaga." I replied, making her glare at me.

"You understand my words perfectly, yet you do such a thing. Why? Haven't you guys done the deed yet?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I shook my head in a negative way, hiding my smile at her. She gasped at my revelation.

"What did you do on your honeymoon then? You guys were gone for a month? Don't tell me! Oh my god, Mithra!" She paced in the room, with her hands in her hair.

"Chill babe, I and Dev, well, we went sightseeing and spent nights cuddling." Well, that wasn't false. She gave me a nasty glare and turned her head away. I chuckled at her before it turned into a full blown laughter. "With us being so much in love, do you think that would not have happened?" I asked, shaking my head at the change of her expressions. Her smile turned into a full blown grin making me wonder what she was up to.

"How was your first night then? How did it feel losing your virginity to your love?" She asked, clasping her fingers in front of her fangirling at my romance.

"I am not giving you any details. Missy. And you know better that love making feels better than love at times. And your first time is long time done way before marriage, so you know even better." My answer made her red, but she maintained her playful glare before we burst out into laughing.

Hello Folkies, Another chap done.

Read on and tell me how it feels. Just a few more chaps and we are done. 

Thank you everyone, who stayed and supported me again.

Luv <<<333