21. A Bad Night

AUTHOR's POV:

The next two weeks were even more romantic and passionate. With their newly discovered intimacy, Mithra and Dev were inseparable. The warmth of the bed, the coldness of the season, the silence of the night and the rhythm of their heartbeats was all that was experienced. A new sense of bliss surrounded them. Dev was even more at ease. But since the past two days, the restlessness was back. He couldn't put a finger to it. He wanted to tell Mithra about it, but decided against it. He was just feeling paranoid and it was nothing.

"Where are you lost Deva?" Mithra asked him, snapping him out of his reverie.

"Huh?" He paused. "Nothing much. I am going out to a club with Neil and Rohan. They wanted to hang out like old times." He said, absentmindedly.

"Dev" Mithra once again snapped him from his thoughts. He looked up to see her looking at him with him. She looked worried. "Is something wrong?"

Sighing Dev got up to take her in his embrace. "I am alright. I just don't feel like partying. I like the silence and comfort of our home. But, I have to be there. Atleast to bring them back in one piece." He said, as he kissed her softly.

"Take care. Call me if you need anything. I shall be late today. I have a meeting with the embassies." She said, hugging him before they headed for breakfast.

The evening came early and Dev was the most frustrated person. Pulling himself up, he got ready and headed to pick Neil and Rohan up.

"We are gonna party. Finally." Neil cheered loudly.

"Yasss. And bro, why were you sulking about this? You should be happy to get a break from your married life." Rohan voiced, looking at Dev.

Dev sighed. Not again.

"I am perfectly happy in my marriage and I don't want to be anywhere but at home. And what break? Mithra and this marriage are the best things in my life. I would be a fool to escape from it." Dev spoke, annoyed with this stupid notion of escaping the marriage duties. He was also frustrated with the feeling of restlessness.

"Initially you might feel so, but later you shall come looking for an escape." Neil stated.

"Is something wrong with you and Avni?" Dev asked, eyeing Neil.

"No man. We are great and happy. Sometimes when work becomes too much, she fails to understand. She has quit her work now, saying she needed a break, and staying at home all day is taking a toll on her. Once, she even started suspecting me of cheating on her." Neil spoke with a far away look.

"Chill man. It shall be fine." Rohan assured and they headed to their destination.

**************

DEV's POV:

I ordered water while Neil and Rohan ordered drinks. We had our dinner along with the drinks, talking about our good old college times.

"Dev! Is that you? Oh my god! I thought you disappeared from the face of the earth?" A loud annoying voice came, breaking us out of our bubble.

"Hello Ms. Chauhan." I spoke, without an emotion. Even though she knew Neil and Rohan, she didn't care to greet them.

"Oh, quit the formalities Dev. We have known each other for so long. How about we catch up like old times with a drink?" She purred, idiotically.

"Thank you for the offer, but I don't drink." I said, not minding her. My phone buzzed, diverting my attention to it.

Mithra: Hey baby. I hope you are having a great time. Just wanted to check on you. Leo shall be back tomorrow. Baba is still against having pets at home. Arjun and bhabhi are disappointed. I shall be back by 1. Sleep by then. Don't wait for me. Luv you hubby.

An involuntary smile crept on my face reading her message.

Me: Sure. Drive safe. I can't guarantee that I will be able to sleep. Not used to sleeping without my favorite pillow.

Mithra: Cheesy much. I am blushing by the way.

I chuckled. A clearing of the throat shifted my attention.

"Why don't we have a talk Dev?" She spoke again.

"Which part of the sentence is unclear? I am clearly not interested in any talks. Please enjoy your evening while I enjoy mine." I snapped.

"I just wanted us to catch up Dev. We know each other so well." She whined.

"We have just been business partners. The relationship we had was purely professional. If you want to talk business, I am out of that league. If you wanted to talk as a company associate, I am no longer a part of it. So we have nothing to talk about." I shut her before she could annoy me further.

"Fine." She stomped away.

"You are too harsh. Take it easy man. One talk shall not harm you." Rohan spoke, shoving a piece of brownie in his mouth.

" She is interested in me and I can clearly see that. Two, I am not interested at all and fuck the namesake stuff. After Mithra, no one intrigues me." I spoke, finishing my water.

Another round of drinks and a mojito for me were done. Rohan and Neil looked sober but I knew how wasted they were with the drinks they had finished during dinner. Before I could take them home, they left for the dance floor. 

Wow what a great timing. I sighed. This wasn't good.

I stood up looking for them when I felt dizzy. What the fuck is happening to me? I sat down to chug a glass of water to sober myself up. My vision started becoming hazy and I couldn't understand anyone speaking. I could see the silhouette of a woman coming towards me and pulling me up. Despite my protests she had control over me. And before I could know what was happening, I lost the control over my senses.

Authors POV:

Mithra was in her meeting, discussing the possibilities of a better foreign relations. This was important for the country as well as the other parties. Her phone rang, it was DJ who was calling her. Excusing herself, she went outside the cabin to attend the call.

"What's wrong?" She asked, without beating the bush.

"Sir, is not being found. We lost him in the club. He was here mam, in front of us with Neil and Rohan sir, but suddenly he was nowhere to be found. " He exclaimed, his voice still heavy. She could hear the loud music from the club in the background.

"Take Rohan and Neil home. Don't mention anything about Dev. I am coming." She said and ended the call. Handing over the meeting to Arjun she left for the club. 

**************

Voila. Who is that woman? Mithra? What happened to Dev? 

Don't kill me  for such a short update. You shall get a bigger one soon. 

Luv you pals.