7. Words of Hope and Future

DEV's POV:

For about a week and a half after that 'talk' at the office, both of us were not in contact with each other.

No calls.

No texts.

No info about each other. Was something wrong? Is she alright?

I did not have any more doubts about this marriage and the relationship. Somewhere Mithra's confidence and her assurance were enough to believe in this marriage. I did not feel restless or hollow as I used to. There was a warmth that was filling in me, because of her.

And my mind began to show its creepy nature. I did a search and kind of a background check on her. I became curious.

She was a highly reputed person in the field of her work. She is also the biggest shareholder in the Mithra group of Industries. There are a few media interactions though she is spotted publicly often. The way she walks and carries herself, her signature smile, her attractive eyes. Oh god, she was a sight to behold. There were also rumors of her getting married to her long time best friend Arjun. I did wonder if they ever had something. But I quickly shrugged that thought off. She did not seem like a person who would play with others' lives. Her behavior showed her character. She genuinely seemed interested in us. Also Arjun had a girlfriend. And by the way, if not for work, my thoughts were constantly about her.

I decided to call her. If possible, meet. Would it be too much to ask?

Before I could decide, I had already dialed her number.

"Hello, bhai?" A voice came.

"Hello, this is Dev. Can I speak to Mithra?" I asked. That did sound like Anjali, but I was not sure.

"Yeah bhai, one..." She said, but before she could continue, another voice interjected.

'Dr. Anjali, Mithra is better now. They have stitched her wound and she is in her room. You can see her now.'

What the fuck? She is injured. Stitches? Where is she? How is she now?

"Hello? Anjali? What happened to Mithra? How is she now? And where is she?" I asked worriedly.

"Uh, nothing serious bhai, Mithra had a bullet grazing her arm. She is fine now. You can talk to her. I'll hand over her phone." She said.

"Which hospital is she in? I am coming now. Text me the address." I hung up the call and left my office with my keys and phone. Everything can wait. My secretary was surprised by my abrupt hustle, but remained quiet. Stepping into the elevator I headed downstairs to the garage. My phone pinged with a message from Anjali. Stepping on the accelerator, I sped towards the given address.

MITHRA's POV:

"Umm, Mithra, there is a small problem." Anj said as she peeked into my room. I was currently forced to be bed resting by my best friend and his wife as a deal for keeping this accident mum from Ma and Baba.

Blackmailers!

"What happened?" I asked. Did Ma or Baba know?

"Umm, Dev bhai called your number and I attended it. But then he heard my conversation with a nurse about you and he is heading here. Sorry, but not sorry. That was so romantic. Him worrying for you. Aww. " Such a drama queen.

I narrowed my gaze at her. "If I get to hear an earful from him, I am gonna bash you badly. Why? And stop dreaming illogical things. Romantic it seems! Chup. Badmash." I scoffed.

Before we could finish our talk, Dev barged in my room. Great! Just what I needed. He was panting from the running and the scare he had. The top two buttons of his shirt opened and his suit coat in his arms with his phone in his clutch.