16. A step Towards Healing

DEV's POV:

She raised herself on her knees and pressed her lips on mine taking me off guard.

"I love you." She spoke excitedly as she pulled away, not even giving me the time to react. I frowned at her actions.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. I have thought a lot about it. Please don't panic or get tensed." She said, as she held my palm in hers.

"Now, you are scaring me. What is it?" I asked her.

Taking a deep breath she started. "Dev, now that you are not having any CEO or even work related duties, would you mind taking a break?" I frowned at her statement. She smiled, seeing my confusion. "Dev, I know after this, especially after our marriage, you are planning to work on the startups and the other projects you have taken up on your own." I nodded. "So, take a break from work. For you, work has always been a way to escape from yourself. You took it as a chance to forget your sorrows, to forget pain, maybe even to forget your own self. Now, take this time as a chance to heal Deva. Do whatever you please, without having any burden or responsibility. Eat, sleep and gain all that time you had lost for yourself. Do anything you please. Reading, playing games, picking up a new hobby, learning something or visiting your mom." I sucked in a sharp breath. How did she know? " I know you well and when I came to know this, I wanted you to do this for yourself. Make peace with your past, with your dad, with everything and everyone whom you need closure. I know you have not visited her especially in the past 3 years. Do all that you always do without having any sort of thoughts about others. If things become difficult, I shall always be here for you to lean on. It's important for you to heal baby, you can't live in the fear of burdening someone or having such thoughts for yourself. You need to free yourself from all of that self harming thoughts. You need to cherish yourself just the way you cherish me. You need to love yourself too."

I stayed still. I stared at her with my face pale. She smiled softly at me as she wiped the tears off my face. I pulled her on my lap, as I hid myself in the crook of her neck as I let my tears loose. I don't know if I wanted to hear those words, but her words moved me. No one has ever thought of something like that for me.

Who will?

"Shh, Deva. I am here. Always. I love you. Never forget that." She whispered as she kissed the side of my head, slowly running her hands over my back. After what felt like eternity I pulled away from her and kissed her. I didn't even give her the time to react as my fingers caressed her waist hidden mysteriously in the pleats of her saree. She gasped as my fingers touched her bare waist. Taking that as a chance, I dived the kiss deeper by plunging my tongue. Our tongues fought dominance, as I leaned Mithra onto my lap. As she was wearing a saree, she couldn't straddle me, but our position was way too comfortable and intimate in its own sense. We pulled apart at the lack of breath. Mithra's face was flushed as she averted her gaze from my face looking down onto her lap. Lifting her face up, I kissed her nose softly and she wrapped her arms around me in return.

"Thank you. I shall do that. But I need you to help me with my day. I seriously have no idea how I am going to spend 24 hrs on my own." She chuckled at my statement. 

"Like I said, you shall always find me beside you. I am always with you, no matter what. I love you, my hubby." I was a melting mess at her words and hugged her close. Placing a kiss on her forehead, we stayed in that silence, feeling the rhythmic beats of our hearts.

"We need to leave, Deva." She said, breaking the silence. I frowned and pouted. She pecked my pout and got up. I frowned at the loss of warmth.

"What about our marriage shopping?" I asked her, on the way back to Neil's place.

"What about it?" I gave her a 'really' look.

"It's being taken care of. Our jewelry is ready and the dresses need a final touch. It shall be done by this saturday." She said.

"Our jewelry? What am I going to wear? Also, what about measurements and all? How did you manage?" She just smiled seeing my dilemma.

"I have my ways Deva. Yeah, you do have certain chains and rings to wear as a mandate. Not just for the marriage, but even after that." She explained. I just hummed as I listened to her.

**************

We reached Neil's house for his bachelor party. We quickly got ready in the room that was given to us. Yeah, Mithra and I were sharing a room. I was awestruck to see Mithra when I walked out of the washroom as I got dressed. She was dressed in a full sleeved maroon dress with a thigh high slit. Looks like I will be having a tough time controlling myself tonight. She looked absolutely stunning, complimenting my outfit for the night.

I walked towards her as she was setting her hair, and pulled her close

I walked towards her as she was setting her hair, and pulled her close. She gasped at the sudden act of mine and giggled seeing my face.

"Someone's impressed." She teased.

"Someone's born to impress." I countered back. I could see a hue of red creeping in as she tried to maintain my gaze. She placed a hard kiss on my lips making me loosen the hold on her waist. Taking this as an opportunity, she freed herself and went to gather her phone.

"Let's go. Else we shall be late baby." She whispered as she pulled me with her.

The evening was full of music, dance and drinks. Mithra and I did not drink, so did Anjali and Arjun. Everyone else was enjoying the night to the fullest. Initially Mithra and Anjali danced and then it was Arjun and Mithra. Arjun then went to dance with Anj when I joined Mithra on the dance floor. After what seemed hours of high music and blast, slow songs began playing now. I held Mithra as she wrapped her arms around my neck. We swayed slowly to the beat of the music, as we drank in each other's gaze. I twirled her as she giggled softly, as her eyes never left mine. One thing I realized was that no matter how much time we had in our lives, I shall never get enough of her. I turned her around as we exchanged partners. Anjali became my dance partner, Mithra was now dancing with Neil and Avni with Arjun.

My eyes still never left hers as she swayed with Neil in the music, neither did hers.

"I am happy that she found someone like you. " Anj said slowly, breaking my trance with Mithra.

"Huh?"

"I am so happy for her. Now that she has you, I and Arjun are so happy and content." She said, looking at Mithra with an expression I couldn't understand. Sensing my confusion she began again.

"Mithra is just not a sister or friend for me. She is like my mother yet the relationship we shared had no name." I frowned while listening to this. I knew Mithra and Anj had a different sort of connection but where was this conversation leading to?

**************

What will the conversation reveal? Also, do Anj and Arjun need a story? I have never thought about it. But if you guys want it lemme know. here goes another update.

Thank you.