25. Reality

MITHRA's POV:

She held my gaze while her eyes widened.

"Yeah, i heard it from someone. I thought it to be the news." She stuttered to cover up her lie. I extended my hand and DJ handed me my revolver. I played with it and rotated it in my hand as Mr and Mrs Verma gulped.

"One more chance. Else your bodies won't be found. How do you know that?" I asked, this time not meeting their eyes.

"I told told you. I heard someone say." She said.

"Who?" I asked back.

"Umm, my neighbour. Yes, my neighbour." She spoke hastily.

"What is her name?"

"Her name-name is Sasikala."

I looked at DJ and said, "Go and get me Sasikala. Also, check if the remaining people at Verma mansion are present, especially their son and daughter. I think their presence shall help them tell the truth better."

"No no no. Please dont hurt them. Please don't hurt my kids. Please I am sorry. I should have stopped her. But I never sid. Don't harm my kids." This was the first time Mr. Verma spoke, his hands folded, fear in his eyes.

"What did your wife do?" I asked, trying to maintain my composure. He looked at his wife who signaled a no with her eyes, but Mr. Verma sighed before looking at me.

"She was the one who trapped Dev the other night. She gave that girl, Dev's auction and about 5 lakhs for this job. She knew that Prerna liked Dev, she had once come with a proposal to marry Dev. And she decided to use this chance." Mrs. Verma coughed gaining our attention.

"How did she know his location? And why did she do that? What does she gain?" My curiosity was beyond limits. I had an inkling that it had to be ehr, but I didn't want to conclude anything without a solid proof. Also Prerna was not in a situation to take any names except her father's.

"She had called Neil's secretary and he unknowingly gave away their address in the name of business. Why did she do it– I I how do - I "

"Why?" I cut him off rudely from his stammering.

"That is because, that imbecile doesn't deserve a good life at all. After you entered his life, it became even more difficult to torture that idiot. He was just a burden like his mother. He is a good for nothing. He took away every happiness, everything that was meant for me!" Mrs. Verma screamed like a maniac. My eyes slightly widened at her accusations, but I maintained my composure.

"Burden like my mother? What does that mean? What did she even do to you?" I heard Dev's voice from the other end of the hallway and I let a breath of sigh. What was he doing here? I turned around to see, Arjun and Anjali also standing behind him. I could hear a car moving away from he driveway and when I met Arjun's eyes, they gave it all away. Atleast not a family drama.

"Your mother snatched away my love from me. Your mother denied my chances of having a family and the happiness she had. She was also rich enough to do whatever she pleased to do, but she chose to ruin my life. Your mother was nothing, but a betrayer." She screamed, standing up from her seat. I could see Dev tensing as he walked towards her. I walked up to him and slipped my hands in his and interlocked our fingers tightly.

"You have no rights to speak too her like that. Remember, after all you are a second choice to this man too." My eyes widened at Dev's comment. "And what kind of woman are you, all you know was to torture me. Did you ever try to be a human?" he continued, before I pulled him back and stopped him.

"Torture you? I should have killed you the moment we got married. If it was not for your wealth, that work would have been long completed." Anjali gasped at this while Dev was shocked.

"Don't forget that you are standing under my roof and talking to my husband. Mind your tone." I couldn't help but make my voice loud and clear.

"Huh? Feels bad?" She looked at me and Dev. "You not even his own blood, how does that sound now?" Mrs. Verma stated blatantly shocking the four of us.

"No, Sweta don't do this. He is my son too. Please don't do this." Mr. Verma pleaded, as he held Mrs. Verma's arm trying to calm ger. She snapped out of his hold and glared at him.

"Even you have nothing to say. You are equally responsible for this. If it was not for your greed for wealth none of this would have happened. And you," She looked at Dev, "Your mother was pregnant even before she married your so called father. Your grandfather did not let her marry her lover and married her off to Satish and handed him his companies as dowry. Your mother also agreed to marry him denying me of my love. Your mother knew that I was in love with Satish, but she chose to marry him and spoil my life. I had to wait until she was dead to marry him. But by then, he became a father to you. Father my foot!" She exclaimed, making us root in our places. 

"Did-did you kill her?" Dev asked, his voice shaky and breath uneven. Arjun walked forward and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Kill her? I wish I could. But she made that task easier by dying of cancer. Served her right. She did not deserve to live." She spoke, making Dev gasp.

"Who is Dev's father then? What happened to him?" Anjali asked.

"He was my classmate back in college. He didn't match your grandfather's status, so he was deemed unworthy of your mother's hand. They were so much in love and wanted to get married. When your mother found out that she was pregnant with you, she had her hopes high that her father wouldn't refuse her. But she was wrong. He made sure to drive your father away and leave her no chance but to get married to me. She was even ready to raise you on her own, but something happened and she agreed to marry me. " Mr. Verma filled in.

"Who is he and where is he now?" I asked, looking at DJ to note down the details.

"His name is Krishna and last when I met him, he worked as a school teacher in Gurgaon. That's all I know. It was 7 yrs ago when I accidentally met him. Now I don't know." Mr. Verma answered.

"If you knew that Dev was not your blood, then why did you hide the reality from him." Arjun questioned, his face morphing into anger.

"For the wealth Arjun. Else why? Dev was the only rightful owner of all the properties and accounts they held, or the ones they got from Dev's mom. They now wanted it. And once they have had all of it, they want to revenge on Dev. Am I right?" I looked at them, and neither of them denied the facts I stated.

"If you have done everything, then why are you here now? Dev doesn't have a mother, had a troubled childhood thanks to you guys, worst lifetime. Now what? Is his happiness so bothersome?" Anj broke out, unshed tears in her eyes. Arjun quickly wrapped his arms around her, calming her down.

"That is because it was all because of him. He ruined everything. It was-"

I cut her off. "Nothing was because of him. At least today you have everything, but you denied Dev of everything. He was innocent in all of this. Your fight may have been with his mom, but it had no right to strip him of everything he ever deserved. You were just bubbling with anger for what happened to you, but you made an innocent's life much worse. " taking a pause and a deep breath, I continued. "Get out of our house. If I ever find you nearby us, I am taking out a restraining order. No questions entertained. Get out now."

I turned towards Dev, who was still sitting on the couch with his head hung low. Mr and Mrs. Verma walked out and I signalled Anj and Arjun for the same. Arjun gave Dev's shoulder a squeeze while Anj hugged me before she left. 

Here you go guys. Another update. The drama has finally unfolded. Dev's father is not his real father? Will Dev ever meet his real father? Dev is still in a state of shock, how will he cope up with this? What else is left in store for them? 

So, how are you guys loving it? Well here is another update for all those lovelies.

@darshana123pitti @Sidnaaz28and my ever charming @_rupal_.

Thanks for cheering me.

Luv <3