24. Begin to a New Beginning

DEV's POV:

The next morning I woke up to the most pleasant sight. Mithra was cozily snuggled up into my torso and her legs tangled with mine. Her hair sprawled over the pillow and slightly covered her face. Her lips were parted and a serene look made their presence on her face. The rhythmic rising of her chest and the soft breathing filled my senses quickly. She was an angel to my world.

"I love you." I mumbled as I tucked her hair behind her ear and laid a long kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too." She mumbled. I moved away to see if she was awake, but her breathing was still steady and her eyes closed. I shook my head at her antics. How could someone be so precious? I paced another kiss on her cheeks and then moved towards kissing her eyes and nose. She peeked through her lashes and kissed my nose.

"What are you up to?" She sleepily mumbled.

"You are adorable and I can't resist kissing you." I paced another kiss closer to her lips cupping her behind her ear. She pushed me down on my back and straddled me. Running her fingers through her hair, she pushed her hair behind her head and looked at me.

"Don't start something you can't finish." She said, and then laid down on my chest.

"Who said I can't finish? I think these walls have enough proof of how well I finish?" I retorted, flipping her on her back and straddling her. Her cheeks began to coat in my favorite shade of red and the sleep that remained in her eyes vanished, now filled up with love and lust. She trailed her fingers down my face, to my chest and still continued going lower without shifting her eyes from mine. I held her fingers, kissing her firmly making her sink into the bed. She held my shoulders firmly, kissing me with equal passion and patience. I slipped her out of her head and my eyes darkened at her sight. Without wasting any moment, I freed us from the clothes remaining and entered her.

We laid on our bed on our backs, our breaths heavy, a blissful smile gracing our features. She turned on her stomach facing me, and ran her fingers through my sweaty hair. "I love you." She said, her eyes holding so much love and adoration for me.

"I love you too." I replied back. I could see the shock registering her face before her face broke into a full blown grin. She straddled me and cupped my cheeks.

"Say that again." She asked, and I compiled. She pecked my lips. "Again." I laughed at her antics and kissed her before I muttered an 'I love you again.' Mithra shrieked in joy and kissed me hard.

The doorbell rang bringing our moment to an end.

"I shall take care of that." I said, as I wore my pants and headed downstairs. Arjun, Anj, Neil, Avni, Rohan and his girlfriend Preeti were standing outside with bags of what seemed to be food in them.

"Can we come in?" Neil asked, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

"Will you leave if I deny?" I countered back, opening the door wider for them to enter.

"This guy has forgotten us after his marriage. How typical?" Rohan commented, while Preeti nudged him in the midrib glaring at his comment.

"I have gotten used to his jabs." I assured her, as they settled the bags on the dining table and made themselves home on the couch.

"I am going to meet Mithra." Anj said, and ran upstairs before we could react  and I got occupied in conversations with them.

MITHRA's POV:

Hearing the voices from the ground floor, I became aware of the situation. Quickly setting the bed, I headed ti shower and stripped myself from Dev's t-shirt. The cold water cascaded down my hair, draining down my body, calming me and soothing my nerves. The bathroom door opened and a pair of feet stepped in. I could sense her presence from her walk so I didn't mind turning.

"Looks like the way you exercise has changed." She commented. I hummed in response, rubbing the body wash all over my body.

"How did makeup sex feel like?" She asked, chuckling at my response. I turned around and looked at her, washing the remnants of the shampoo and soap.

"We made love Anj. Simple. Reason being love and attraction." I had finished my bath and I wrapped a towel around my body stepping out into the bathroom.

"Yeah, whatever floats in your boat. By the way, what was the reason for it? Your misunderstanding?" She asked, as she gathered my wet hair and began drying it with another towel.

"Lack of communication." I said, grabbing my leave on cream from Biotique. This was all Dev's doing. He did an entire thesis on hair care for me and made this routine. Anj took it from me and dabbed it on her hand and made her way into my hair, scrunching it and evenly distributing it.

"Wow. One for this cream, when did you start taking care of yourself? Two, you never allow miscommunication, then this?" She asked, as she messed my hair and let it hang freely.

"Select an outfit for me. This care is by Dev. He did some research and wanted me to take care of my hair. He likes it more than me and wants it to be naturally healthy and glowing. Also, Dev and I somehow got entangled in a mess and it happened." She pulled out a baby blue saree, with a matching blouse.

"Let me get you ready? Please." She gave me her puppy eyes and I sighed. Damn their blackmail.

"Are you trying to impress my wife?" Dev asked, leaning against our door frame as he looked at us at the dressing table.

"I may, I may not! It's my choice anyway." Retorted Anj before she went back to make a small braid in my hair and let the remaining hair loose. She then began applying kajal and eyeliner to my eyes, while Dev looked on.

"You are staring." Sang Anj.

"My wife, my wish. And of course, she is too beautiful to even look away for a moment." Dev shrugged not taking his eyes of me.

"Guys enough. Dev, get ready, let's have brunch together. " I spoke, before these two could banter.

I headed downstairs after getting ready and Anjali followed my suit. I heard her whispering 'She loves me more than you ' to Dev which he replied with a 'Never'.

We were seated in the garden as couples around the square table. The brunch was a pretty decent affair, and Dev received a lot of teasing. I could see the tips of his ears turn slightly red due to the banter. Our hands were intertwined beneath the table rubbing soothing circles with our thumbs on each other's hands.

We were interrupted by the by DJ coming in and informing something between our ears, that tensed up Dev.

"What does she want now?" Dev asked, his face giving away how annoyed he was. Placing my palm on his hand, I assured him with my eyes. My eyes quickly met Arjun's before I headed inside the house to receive them.

Mr and Mrs Verma were standing in the hall and I gestured them towards the sofa while I sat on the opposite one.

"Where is my son? I heard that he was hurt!" Mrs Verma whined in a high pitch voice, without any affection or care.

"What happened to Dev?" I asked, challenging her with my stare.

"What kind of wife are you? Are you so involved in your work that you dont know that someone drugged and kidnapped him?" She retorted back.

"Really? Where did you hear this?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"It was all over the news. Seriously, you don't see the news." I looked at Mr. Verma before my gaze held hers.

"There was no such news. Now let's get straight to the point. Why are you here? And how do you know about that night?" 

Thank you for the patient wait. I am back. In some time another chapter shall also be updated.

Bonus for all my cheerleaders. I am so overwhelmed and grateful. Thank you.

luv <3