18. Wedding

DEV's POV:

There were 5 days left for our wedding and that thought in itself was a bliss. Finally. Together.

I was in the office finalizing the transfer papers. I also had to meet my lawyer and sign the necessary papers. Other legal proceedings had been done. Everything was set. My secretary knocked on my door and came in on my command.

"Sir, Mrs. Verma wants to meet you. She says it's important and it is about Mithra. She wanted to see you now." He said, breathlessly.

"And why did you take her call?" I questioned him back, anger rising in my tone.

"Sir, I did not answer sir. She had called Karan sir's secretary and she had informed me. That is why I came to tell you sir. Also she took Mithra ma'am's name sir." He quickly responded. Yes, he was concerned about her. Whenever Mithra came to meet me, she always asked about his welfare and made sure that he could complain about me. Apart from Neil and Rohan, no one else had treated him well. They needed me and he would be on the receiving end if anything would go wrong.

I sighed. What does she want now? "I shall take care of that. Also about your request, I don't know if you can still continue being my personal assistant. I am going on a break and I don't know when I will resume back. I don't want to put you in a fix when I am quite unsure about myself." He had submitted his resignation when he heard about my closure. He wanted to continue working as my assistant. But what good would that do when I am on a path of self healing.

"Sir, if you don't mind, can I propose something?" I nodded. "Sir, I know about all of your projects and ventures. Until you come back I can be the one who looks after it and collects reports and makes sure that you are in the loop. Once you're back, you can take over and I can continue as your assistant. This way sir, you will be aware of everything sir and I can help you sir." I pondered at his proposal.

"I shall give it a thought." I answered. He just nodded and left the room.

Wrapping up my work and ensuring I have left no clue for those greedy vultures, I left for Verma mansion to see what drama unfolds.

**************

"Dev, you are here." Exclaimed Mrs.Verma.

"What do you want? I don't have all the time in the world." I cut her off rudely.

"Come inside. We don't want everyone to hear now, do we?" She said, her tone changing into a malicious one. Reluctantly I stepped inside and sat on a single seater sofa.

"Cancel this wedding. Marry Ramya, daughter of Mr and Mrs. Maheshwari. It is helpful for our business." She said, having a fake smile on her face.

"And what makes you think that I would call this wedding off?" I asked, smirking.

"Bhai, we don't want bhabhi to know that you are incapable of becoming a father, do we?" Karan spoke, entering the hall. I balled my fists in anger. How dare he?

"What bhai? Feeling angry? Anyone who marries you shall feel the same. No one would want to marry you, but the Maheshwari's would. We know how to control Ramya, once she enters here." He added.

"I shall not marry Ramya nor cancel this marriage." I said, gritting my teeth.

"Then be ready to face your destiny. Mithra shall get to know of this and then do whatever you please." Mrs. Verma threatened.

"Go ahead. Mithra knows about it. And if you want to dig your graves, go tell her. You guys don't know how protective she is about me. As of now I did tell her about my accident and she knows everything. Go tell her, adding to her suspicions. She is someone who shall not rest until I get justice. She just needs an opening and once she gets one, the ones involved shall be tortured to death. I shall always be grateful to her and also for you guys for helping me." I said, with a satisfied smirk. Mrs. Verma's face had lost its color while Karan felt defeated seeing my confidence.