The man grunted under his breath and eventually pulled away. I let out a soft breath of relief but still felt uneasy when his eyes never left me. 

I would've preferred to have been alone in the dark than with that despicable man. He was a creep and stared at me with lust. Each second felt like a lifetime in there with him. I needed to have done something to get away or didn't know what would've happened. 

"I need to use the bathroom," I announced. 

"Not my problem."

"I don't recall your boss lady instructing you to treat me like some animal," I said. 

"She told me not to untie you."

"Even if you untie me for a minute, there's nowhere for me to go," I convinced him. "You can stand outside the door and when I'm done, you can tie my hands again."

The man leaned against a wall and checked me out. "Or I could remove your pants and you can give me a little show."

"That goes against her instructions," I calmly spoke even though I was disgusted.

He didn't look pleased and thought for a long while. "Alright but you have two minutes and if you try anything funny, you'll pay."

He purposely touched my midriff and made his way to the back before he untied my hands. Once free, my first instinct was to cover myself. But it was futile, the bastard ruined my sweater. He harshly gripped my forearm and led me out of the room. I frowned and wondered where Kelsey kept me. It looked like an abandoned building or one under construction.

Could this be the same building Mitch was working on with Kelsey?

It had to have been. I'd never visited the site but it's the one place where no one would've questioned Kelsey's authority. I had some hope that perhaps Mitchell would've shown up to check on the building but remembered that his work was done and construction was closed for the holidays. 

The man led me to a porta-potty. I hated those things but had to pretend to use the bathroom or I was going to be stuck forever. 

"Two minutes or I'm coming in to have a little fun." He looked me up and down with a smirk. "The boss lady said if you misbehave, I shouldn't kill but surely punish you."

I nodded and he abruptly let me go. I shut the door and let out a huge breath. The space was dark with a dim light that shone through from under the flimsy door. There wasn't any weapon around, but I needed to think of a way to buy time and run as far as I could. 

Time moved fast and when I noticed the door was about to open, I quickly opened it first. The man stared at me coldly and I glared back. He moved closer and I gulped but didn't want to show fear and refused to deter my gaze. 

He eventually stepped away and relief silently set in. He gestured for me to follow him, and I quietly did so. The space was almost pitch dark that I almost tripped over something. 

"Fucking clutz!" The man cursed. "If you're hurt, it's my head on the fucking line!"

His back turned for a second and I grabbed the opportunity to pick up the steel rod that I almost tripped over. My heart raced as I gripped the rod tightly and with as much strength as I could've mustered, I hit the man as hard as I could at the back of his head. 

He groaned and lost his balance for a second. I didn't wait and ran as fast as I could. It was dark but my eyes adjusted to whatever light shone through the windows. My breath came in pants, I ran to another room, but it was a dead end. I ran in what felt like circles until I almost tripped over a step. I realized I reached a flight of stairs and without thinking, I took them.